Home>Support>SiteOrigin Contact Form doesn’t work

SiteOrigin Contact Form doesn’t work

I use SiteOrigin Contact Form on my website Saraja-Slaapcursus.nl. But the form suddenly stopped working. I no longer receive messages. Also the success message is not shown on the website. I have already deactivated all plugins one by one, but apparently there is no conflict with another plugin. What could be the cause?

This is our free support forum. Replies can take several days. If you need fast email support, please purchase a SiteOrigin Premium license.

1. 1 year, 9 months ago Andrew Misplon
    Hi, I Work Here

Hi Ullie

Thanks for getting in touch.

When able, please, try troubleshooting in the below order. Hopefully, a working baseline can be found:

– Clear WP Super Cache.
    – Temporarily deactivate all plugins except for Page Builder and the Widgets Bundle.
    – Re-try your form with only Page Builder and the Widgets Bundle activated. Does the issue persist?

2. 1 year, 9 months ago Ullie

Dear Andrew,

I’ve done what you suggested. Unfortunately, the contact form still does not work. I now get a success message, but it does not appear on the screen, it scrolls back to the beginning of the page. So I have to scroll down to the contact form to read the success message. In addition, I still do not receive an e-mail at the e-mail address to which contact e-mails should be sent.

I hope you can help!

3. 1 year, 9 months ago Ullie

Hello Andrew, the problem with receiving contact e-mails is solved. Now only the page does not remain with the contact form, so that the success message can appear on the screen directly, but after sending the contact form the page starts again at the top.

4. 1 year, 9 months ago Ullie

Hi Andrew, I have to come back on my previous post. The annoying thing is that one moment it works, except after sending contact form landing is on success message. The other moment you can fill in the contact form, but after sending you will see “page not found”, I do not receive a contact email and at the top of the screen appears: https://www.saraja-slaapcursus.nl/undefined,name-of-contactform

5. 1 year, 9 months ago Alex S
    Hi, I Work Here

Hi Ullie,

Thanks. I’ve had a look at your contact form and you’re missing an action attribute. We’re coincidentally making contact form changes in the next Widgets Bundle which may help here – they’re not bug fixes but they do alter how submission and scroll is handled. You can download a beta of the next update by clicking here.

Before proceeding, do a backup.

Navigate to PluginsInstalled Plugins and deactivate SiteOrigin Widgets Bundle, and then delete it. Scroll to the top of the page and click Add New, Upload Plugin and upload so-widgets-bundle.1.45.1-beta.zip.

Kind regards,
    Alex

6. 1 year, 9 months ago Ullie

Dear Alex,

Thanks for the beta of the next update, I installed it. I use the widget with different contact form on different pages. The contact form currently works on the Home page, but only on desktop, not on mobile. On other website pages the contact form does not work on the desktop either, after sending the form I still get the message: page not found instead of the success message. I have cleared the cache.

Moreover, the landing of the success message on the Homepage is not in the right place, namely at the beginning of the footer instead of the beginning of the success message.

Kind regards, Ullie

7. 1 year, 9 months ago Alex S
    Hi, I Work Here

Hi Ullie,

Thank you for trying. The inconsistent results you’re getting between devices is quite odd. Can you please try clearing your browser cache on your mobile device to see if that helps? I recommend clearing your browser cache on desktop also and retesting. I’ve run a few tests on your website and I’m getting better results overall on pages other than your home page – I was able to fill two of the forms without issue (one was a valid submission, and the other was intentionally not). Can you please link me to a page on your website you’re having issues with?

Moreover, the landing of the success message on the Homepage is not in the right place, namely at the beginning of the footer instead of the beginning of the success message.

Prior to the provided beta this was expected as the contact form wasn’t able to account for theme sticky menus. This was due to a technical limitation of the default behaviour of browsers and how they handle page jumps. As of that beta, you can now set an offset to account for it. If you don’t have a method of adding PHP, please install Code Snippets. Once installed, navigate to SnippetsAdd Newand add the following PHP.

add_filter( 'siteorigin_widgets_contact_scrollto_offset', function( $offset ) {
    	return 117;
    } );

Click Save Changes & Activate.
    if you do have a method of adding PHP, add the above PHP using that method.

Kind regards,
    Alex

8. 1 year, 9 months ago Ullie

Hi Alex!

I did what you advised, cleared the cache on desktop and mobile and tested again.

I have checked most contact forms and what is striking is that the contact forms to which I refer with an anchor text no longer work, unlike before. Could this be related? (For example: https://www.saraja-slaapcursus.nl/slaapinfo/ works and https://www.saraja-slaapcursus.nl/slaapconsult/ doesn’t work).

In addition, I installed code snippets and entered the PHP you gave that way. It doesn’t make any difference though, the landing of the success message is still past the success message, at the beginning of the footer. So you have to scroll up to read the success message.

Kind regards, Ullie

9. 1 year, 9 months ago Alex S
    Hi, I Work Here

Hi Ullie,

Thanks. I filled out the form on https://www.saraja-slaapcursus.nl/slaapconsult/ and it was submitted. Did you receive an email from me?
    Can you provide me with the specific link you’re using to link to that page?

Sorry, please use the following PHP instead:

add_filter( 'siteorigin_widgets_contact_scrollto_offset', function( $offset ) {
    	return -117;
    } );

Kind regards,
    Alex

10. 1 year, 9 months ago Ullie

Hi Alex!

Yes, I received the contact e-mail. I’ve tested several contact forms several times, and I believe it really hes tot do with the anchor text I use at some pages to lead customers directly to the contact form.

I think you have also scrolled to the contact form, then it will work. But when you are directed to the contact form in the menu bar, the message ‘page not found’ appears after sending the contact form. Try it.

The question now is why it has worked for years with anchor texts like:
    https://www.saraja-slaapcursus.nl/#contact
    https://www.saraja-slaapcursus.nl/slaaphulpmiddelen/#infohulpmiddelen
    https://www.saraja-slaapcursus.nl/slaapcoach-team/#contact

…and why it no longer works?

By the way, I also used the new PHP, but the success message still lands at the end of the success message instead of at the beginning of it.

Kind regards, Talja

11. 1 year, 9 months ago Alex S
    Hi, I Work Here

Hi Ullie,

Thanks. I’ve been able to replicate this result and I’ve come up with a fix for the provided build to remove the anchor text on submission and that will prevent the unexpected 404 on submission when they’re present. You can download a patched version here.

Before proceeding,

Navigate to PluginsInstalled Plugins and deactivate SiteOrigin Widgets Bundle, and then delete it. Scroll to the top of the page and click Add New,Upload Pluginand upload so-widgets-bundle.1.45.1-beta-2.zip.

…and why it no longer works?

Unfortunately, it’s not clear why that broke for you with the prior update as we haven’t received any other reports of this type of issue occurring before. It’s clear why it occurred with the new build though which is why the above fix was possible.

By the way, I also used the new PHP, but the success message still lands at the end of the success message instead of at the beginning of it.

You’ll need to adjust the provided PHP’s negative value until you get your desired placement after submission.

Kind regards,
    alex

12. 1 year, 9 months ago Ullie

Thanks Alex, contact forms are all operational again!!! We did it!!!

With the success message there is still no improvement unfortunately, no matter what value I enter.

Kind regards, Ullie

13. 1 year, 9 months ago Alex S
    Hi, I Work Here

Hi Ullie,

That’s great to hear! :)

I’ve filled out the contact form on https://www.saraja-slaapcursus.nl/slaapcoach-team/ and the success message appears for me – it’s not covered by the bar at the top and it’s correctly positioned in terms of browser placement and offset. Is the success message not working on every page for you, or is it only a specific page for you? Are you able to replicate this result while using a different computer?

Kind regards,
    Alex

Replies on this thread are closed. Please create a new thread if you have a question, or purchase a SiteOrigin Premium license if you need one-on-one email support.

Get The Most Out of SiteOrigin with SiteOrigin Premium

Find Out More