Thanks for your reply to my early question about creating reusable text blocks for certain WooCommerce Product pages. You suggested the WooCommerce Templates Addon, and I have questions about how it works after looking at the documentation on this page: (https://siteorigin.com/premium-documentation/plugin-addons/woocommerce-templates/). Before I start modifying the website, I want to check with you if this scenario would work, as an example of what I want to do, because I can’t tell from the documentation:
– I create a new Product Template that I can use for sold items only. Let’s say I name it “Sold Products.” The default Product Template that I use for “for sale” products would not change, and would remain the default template for new products. (And I don’t have to create a new default one in SiteOrigin, too, right?)
– On the Sold Products Template there would be a text widget that contained the text, “This product is sold. Please contact us for similar items available in stock.” Let’s call that “Sold Text Widget.” It would appear on every page using Sold Products Template above the Product Short Description. But it would not appear on products using the default Product Template or on any other new templates I devise for other groups of products.
– However, the only thing Sold Products pages would have in common with each other is that text in the “Sold Text Widget.” The images, the product short description, the product long description, the title, the selection of Categories, etc. would be different from one product to the next, just as they are for ones using the default Product Template.
– If we decided in the future that we wanted to rewrite the text in the “Sold Text Widget,” every page built using our new Sold Products Template would update to that new text automatically.
– That being said, after looking at the documentation at the link above, including the video demonstrating the Product Template in your documentation, I don’t see how you’d create a “Sold Text Widget.” Nowhere in the video does it show the page being built with any new blocks introduced that do not already exist on a typical WooCommerce Product page. It looks like all it does is let you rearrange those standard blocks into different layouts, or leave out some of the blocks if you want, but not add new ones. Is that correct or not?
– I also was left uncertain whether I would be able to start with the current Product Template that we use now and modify that in the WooCommerce Template Builder, or would I have to build the whole template from scratch?