Home>Support>Post Carousel now showing posts vertical

Post Carousel now showing posts vertical

For as long as I have been using this widget the posts have been shown in a horizontal line. After the latest WP update they are now showing vertical (in a column underneath each other). This was brought up previously in https://siteorigin.com/thread/post-carousel-now-showing-posts-vertical/ but no resolution posted and that thread is closed for new comments…

Anyone know if there was a solution found for this? My site just started doing the same thing post WP update. The Post Carousel was displaying horizontally, now they are in a column. In the editor for that page for each Carousel the ‘preview’ shows them horizontal but on the page they display vertical…

This is our free support forum. Replies can take several days. If you need fast email support, please purchase a SiteOrigin Premium license.

1. 1 year, 5 months ago Jeffrey Anderson

Just to add some technical details:

WordPress v5.5
    PHP 7.3
    Shuttle Minimal Theme
    SiteOrigin Widgets Bundle v1.17.6
    W3 Total Cache v0.14.4 (Cache purged as part of troubleshooting)

I also tried changing the carousel settings to a different format in properties and saving them, the preview always looks right, no joy.

2. 1 year, 4 months ago Andrew Misplon Hi, I Work Here

Hi Jeffrey

Thanks for reaching out.

Do you have a public URL where we can take a look at what’s going on?

3. 1 year, 4 months ago Jeffrey Anderson

https://www.weaversguildcincinnati.org/

4. 1 year, 4 months ago Andrew Misplon Hi, I Work Here

Thanks. There is a JavaScript error on the page. Errors like this have the potential to break anything else using JavaScript, like the carousel.

Uncaught ReferenceError: ffwd_fill_likes_blog_style is not defined

If you aren’t sure what this relates to you can try temporarily switching to Twenty Twenty, temporarily deactivating all non-SiteOrigin plugins and then check for a working baseline. If a working baseline can be found you can use that as a starting point to locate the theme or plugin that’s producing the JavaScript error.

5. 1 year, 4 months ago Jeffrey Anderson

Big thank you! I don’t know why I didn’t look for that sort of thing first. I popped on Chrome in the Dev tools / console and saw the same error being thrown. A quick google search pointed to other people having some issues with that reference “ffwd_fill_likes_blog_style” related to auto-optimizer and a facebook feed plugin. We were running the 10Web Social Post Feed and once I disabled that the page started working otherwise again. We’ll workout the fb integration separately. Thanks again for the help and pointing us in the right direction.

6. 1 year, 4 months ago Andrew Misplon Hi, I Work Here

Super, I’m really glad to hear that helped. That’s great news.

(If the JavaScript error arose after the WordPress 5.5 update then https://wordpress.org/plugins/enable-jquery-migrate-helper/ might help.)

Replies on this thread are closed. Please create a new thread if you have a question, or purchase a SiteOrigin Premium license if you need one-on-one email support.

Get The Most Out of SiteOrigin with SiteOrigin Premium

Find Out More