Home>Support>Plus toggle on Accordian is now & ampersand under Builder 2.10.2

Plus toggle on Accordian is now & ampersand under Builder 2.10.2

The + icon toggle on Accordian under Widgets Bundle Version 1.15.2 using WordPress 5.1 and Builder Version 2.10.2 shows ampersand instead of +. Any idea how to remedy this? It works fine with same site on localhost on my computer under Builder Version 2.10.1.

This is our free support forum. Replies can take several days. If you need fast email support, please purchase a SiteOrigin Premium license.

1. 5 years, 6 months ago Andrew Misplon
    Hi, I Work Here

Hi Jennifer

Thanks for posting.

If you have any caching or optimization plugins installed, please try clearing them. If that doesn’t help, please send a URL to the page.

2. 5 years, 6 months ago Jennifer Pierce

Thank you Andrew. I don’t have any caching or optimization plugins installed under WordPress. The site is set up by someone else on myhosting and I do not know if either of those are on the server/hosting package itself. The site is under development and is password protected right now, so sharing it would be problematic unless there is a way to privately communicate how to access it. I’m at a loss as to how to proceed to solve this issue without help. What I can see is that the & ampersand is referenced as “data” when I examine the html it in the Web Inspector. Can’t figure out where it’s reading that data from. Any suggestion appreciated.

3. 5 years, 6 months ago Alex S
    Hi, I Work Here

Hi Jennifer,

We previously had a user who reported this issue was resolved by upgrading to a newer version of PHP. What version of PHP are you using? Can you please try upgrading to a newer version of PHP to see if that helps?

4. 5 years, 6 months ago Jennifer Pierce

Ahh. The php is very out of date, 5.3.3 or slightly newer. I have been trying to get the site owner to get his host to update it to at least 7.2 for a week now. I can find no way to do it under the cpanel they use. My localhost install is running 7.2.1, and this it works as expected ( as well as other sites I manage), so that is most likely the issue. Thank you so much for helping me. If I get it resolved that way, I’ll post that here so others might find it as a solution in future.

5. 5 years, 6 months ago Andrew Misplon
    Hi, I Work Here

Sounds like a plan :) All the best.

Replies on this thread are closed. Please create a new thread if you have a question, or purchase a SiteOrigin Premium license if you need one-on-one email support.

Get The Most Out of SiteOrigin with SiteOrigin Premium

Find Out More