Home>Support>PageBuilder + Polylang 2.2 speed issues

PageBuilder + Polylang 2.2 speed issues

Hello,

I’ve reached out on the Polylang support forums, but wanted to post here in case there are any known issues on the SiteOrigin side. I had tested Polylang 1.9 with PageBuilder and it worked as expected. Since updating to 2.2, the site has become almost unusable. I narrowed down the issue to including my own widgets:

function csl_siteorigin_widgets($folders){
	$folders[] = get_template_directory() . '/lib/siteorigin-widgets/';
	return $folders;
}
add_filter('siteorigin_widgets_widget_folders', 'csl_siteorigin_widgets');

Polylang works fine if I remove this code. I have also removed widgets 1 by 1 to make sure it wasn’t a particular widget, but it’s not.

If I remove Polylang, the site works fine. It’s a combination of the two.

If you have any insight into this problem, please let me know.

Thanks,

Tim

This is a free community support forum. Replies are not guaranteed. If you need professional email support, please purchase a SiteOrigin Premium license.

1. 18 days, 4 hours ago Alex S Hi, I Work Here

Hi Tim,

We’re not aware of any major performance issues with Polylang.

I narrowed down the issue to including my own widgets

That code has been present for a very long time and is unlikely relevant. To clarify, this code is used to detect additional widgets added by plugins.

To clarify, does this issue occur for you on a fresh install?

2. 9 days, 17 hours ago Tim Gieseking

Alex,

After looking into this more, the problem isn’t the code I posted, exactly. It’s actually 2 specific widgets out of my 13 custom widgets that slow down the site — even if I remove all of the code from these widgets. Just their existence slows down the site. These two widgets are used in the sidebars of the site, whereas my other widgets are used in post content, so I am thinking that’s the source of the issue.

I’ve detailed my testing on the Polylang support forum here: https://wordpress.org/support/topic/siteorigin-page-builder-polylang-2-2-speed-issues/

To me, this seems more like a Polylang issue than SiteOrigin, but other non-SiteOrigin widgets do not slow down the site. So it’s at least partially related to both plugins. Any ideas or additional info is greatly appreciated.

Thanks,

Tim

3. 9 days, 14 hours ago Tim Gieseking

I ended up tracking this down to a filter in Polylang and fixing (at least temporarily) by removing the filter. The information is in the thread cited above.

Please log in to post on our forums. Signing up is free.

Get The Most Out of SiteOrigin with SiteOrigin Premium

Find Out More