Home>Support>Page Builder issues after WP 5.5. Update

Page Builder issues after WP 5.5. Update

Through the NativeChurch theme, we redesigned our site through siteorgin page builder. It has been a great tool, but since the WordPress 5.5 upgrade, the modules are not available in the editor any more. From looking at the forum, I see that I am not the only one.

I’m curious on a process to get the page builder components back into the editor. Is it contingent on an update from siteorgin or nativechurch? Thank you for your help.

This is our free support forum. Replies can take several days. If you need fast email support, please purchase a SiteOrigin Premium license.

1. 1 month, 17 days ago Andrew Misplon Hi, I Work Here

Hi Todd

Thanks for reaching out.

The WordPress 5.5 update has caused many themes and plugins to produce JavaScript errors. Those errors will break anything else on the page that makes use of JavaScript like Page Builder. Try to find a working baseline as follows:

1. Temporarily switch to the default theme Twenty Twenty.
    2. Temporarily deactivate all plugins not authored by SiteOrigin.

In that state, does the issue resolve? If so, you can begin adding your theme and then plugins back, testing for the issue after each reactivation to locate the issue. Let us know how it goes.

Alternatively, if you have a bit of a technical background, try checking the browser console when the issue occurs, here is how https://wordpress.org/support/article/using-your-browser-to-diagnose-javascript-errors/#step-3-diagnosis. Are there errors in red text? If so, which theme or plugin is producing those errors?

2. 1 month, 16 days ago Todd Kober

Thanks, Andrew. Unfortunately this all occurred during our prime enrollment season. So I am going to wait until Sunday night when registration is over to try this. I will follow up and let you know. In the meantime I will also look into the browser console information you sent.

3. 1 month, 16 days ago Andrew Misplon Hi, I Work Here

Thanks. Please, do, the console check won’t impact functionality.

You can also try installing https://wordpress.org/plugins/enable-jquery-migrate-helper/. That might help other plugins and themes that previously relied on jQuery Migrate which was removed from the WP core.

4. 1 month, 13 days ago Todd Kober

Andrew –

Just to keep you updated. Thank you again for the help. I deactivated all plugins and activated the 2020 theme. Then after activating the site origin plugins … the page builder tools returned. I then tried to active Native Church again and it crashed again.

I then added the Enable Jquery Migrate Helper plug-in you recommended and then reactivated Native Church. It worked. I activated a few more plugins and everything seems to be holding up. I do have several errors up in the editor however:

jQuery Migrate Helper — Warnings encountered
    This page generated the following warnings:

https://www.lawrencechildrenschoir.org/wp-content/themes/NativeChurch/assets/js/imic_admin.js:9:16: jQuery.fn.load() is deprecated
    https://www.lawrencechildrenschoir.org/wp-content/themes/NativeChurch/assets/js/imic_admin.js:72:31): jQuery.fn.live() is deprecated
    Please make sure you are using the latest version of all of your plugins, and your theme. If you are, you may want to ask the developers of the code mentioned in the warnings for an update.

Dismiss this notice.
    Please install and activate the NativeChurch core plugin now, its mandatory to keep this plugin always activated to use all features of this theme.

5. 1 month, 13 days ago Andrew Misplon Hi, I Work Here

Hi Todd

Thanks for your feedback, I’m really glad to hear you’re making progress.

If possible, please, email the authors of your theme, let them know that WordPress 5.5 removed jQuery Migrate. You’re currently using the jQuery Migrate Helper plugin but it’s a temporary solution. Please, could they take a look at the following warnings and perhaps provide an update. “Paste the warnings here.”

6. 1 month, 13 days ago Todd Kober

I had reached out to imitheme’s support pages as well, when I did the same on SiteOrigin. They have not been as responsive. :) I shot a tweet at them as well today. Hopefully, I will get something. Thanks for your help … going to shut this case down here.

7. 1 month, 13 days ago Andrew Misplon Hi, I Work Here

Hopefully, they can assist soon. jQuery Migrate Helper will keep things ok for now though.

If any follow-up questions arise, please, let us know.

Cheers for now :)

Replies on this thread are closed. Please create a new thread if you have a question, or purchase a SiteOrigin Premium license if you need one-on-one email support.

Get The Most Out of SiteOrigin with SiteOrigin Premium

Find Out More