Home>Support>Page Builder by SiteOrigin is not working with WordPress 4.9.8

Page Builder by SiteOrigin is not working with WordPress 4.9.8

Hi,
I’ve update WordPress to 4.9.8 and Page Builder is not working. When it’s active, I can only see dashboard, but not website. I can even go in customizer, but again, no website, just white screen. When it’s inactive, everything is back, but I don’t have page builder, so I’m not able to build site. I already try to deactivate every plugin one by one, and the problem always start when page builder by site origin is active. I even switch to another theme (WordPress default) and issue continuous. I’m using Grow Pro theme, and I could really used some help here. Thanks!

This is our free support forum. Replies can take several days. If you need fast email support, please purchase a SiteOrigin Premium license.

1. 5 years, 11 months ago Andrew Misplon
    Hi, I Work Here

Hi, thanks for reaching out.

Please, go to DashboardUpdates and run any updates that are pending.
    Next, do a plugin conflict test as follows. Deactivate all your plugins in one go except for those authored by SiteOrigin then check the problem, is there any change?

2. 5 years, 11 months ago peradetlic

Hi Andrew,
    Thanks for fast reply.
    I’ve followed your instructions, run through plugin conflict test, but no luck. It looks like when Page builder by Siteorigin is only active plugin, the site became white, and I’m not able to see it, I can only see my dashboard. Do you have any further advice or help?
    Thanks again,
    Regards,
    Mia

3. 5 years, 11 months ago Andrew Misplon
    Hi, I Work Here

Thanks.

Please, check what version of the Widgets Bundle you’re using, it should be: 1.13.2.

A white screen can be caused by a number of factors. A memory shortage is one of them. You can install: https://wordpress.org/plugins/server-ip-memory-usage/ to see how much PHP memory you’re using. If you’re close to 100%, contact your hosts and ask them to increase your PHP memory.

4. 5 years, 11 months ago peradetlic

Hi Andrew,

Widgets Bundle I’m using is 1.13.2. version, so it is ok.
    I also instal plugin you recommend, and after I activate Page Builder here are results:
    Memory: 12.25 of 128 MB (10%) | WP LIMIT: 40 MB PHP 7.2.9 @64BitOS

Site is running normally, it only became white when the Page builder is active. This is the first time I have issue like this with Page builder plugin (I used the plugin before, on different site) and your help really means to me.
    What next steps should I take?
    Thanks,
    Mia

5. 5 years, 11 months ago Andrew Misplon
    Hi, I Work Here

Thanks. Please, complete the plugin conflict test with a theme test but with these specific conditions/order:

Deactivate all plugins except those authored by SiteOrigin.
    Switch to Twenty Seventeen

Same issue?

6. 5 years, 11 months ago peradetlic

Thanks Andrew,

Yes, still same issue with Twenty Seventeen theme. When plugin is active, there is no site (all white except the WordPess dashboard), when I deactivate it, site is running.

Waitting for you instructions,
    I appreciate it!

7. 5 years, 11 months ago Andrew Misplon
    Hi, I Work Here

Debug needs to be activated so you can see what’s going on.

https://codex.wordpress.org/Debugging_in_WordPress

WP_DEBUG is found in your wp-config.php file in your WordPress root. You’d need to download that file to your desktop and edit it changing define( 'WP_DEBUG', false ); to define( 'WP_DEBUG', true );

If you think this is too much, your hosts might be willing to do it for you.

8. 5 years, 10 months ago peradetlic

Hi Andrew,
    I edit wp-config.php file as you propose, and it makes no difference when I activate plugin.
    Please, can you help me further?
    Thanks,
    Mia

9. 5 years, 10 months ago Andrew Misplon
    Hi, I Work Here

Would it be possible for you to create a temporary admin account for us so we can log in and take a look? You can create the account with the following email address:

Private Snippet

Just navigate to UsersAdd New in your WordPress admin. Enter siteorigin for the username and Private Snippet for the email address. Make sure you’ve selected Administrator for the role and enabled the Send Password field so we receive the details.

Once we’re finished taking a look, you can delete this account. We’ll let you know when to do that.

10. 5 years, 10 months ago Private Message - WordPress

This is a private message.

11. 5 years, 10 months ago peradetlic

Hi Andrew,
    Did you got the email from WordPress?
    Should I send you a pass on private mail?
    Thanks,
    Mia

12. 5 years, 10 months ago Andrew Misplon
    Hi, I Work Here

Thanks for sending.

Is WP_DEBUG still set to true in your wp-config.php file?

If not, please, set it to true.

If WP_DEBUG is already set to true, please locate your error log on your server. For most hosts, you’ll be able to find it in the root directory when viewing your server via FTP or hosting file manager. If you can’t, try Googling “your host name + download error log”. Once you have the error log, please upload it to a sharing site like Dropbox or https://wetransfer.com/ and send us the link so we can take a look. Thanks.

13. 5 years, 10 months ago Private Message - Andrew Misplon Hi, I Work Here

This is a private message.

14. 5 years, 10 months ago peradetlic

Hi Andrew,
    Here is a link:

https://we.tl/t-X6kG4MEELz

Thanks!
    Mia

15. 5 years, 10 months ago Andrew Misplon
    Hi, I Work Here

Thanks, that helps. I need to consult with the team. Will come back to you asap.

16. 5 years, 10 months ago Alex S
    Hi, I Work Here

Hi Mai,

I’ve run a few tests on your website and it appears the issue you’re facing stems from the contents of your home page. The problem with this, however, is that I’m unable to take a look at the structure of that page (to identify what the issue is) due to this error. Would it be okay if I create a backup of your website? This will allow me to run some tests directly against the code that will allow me to bypass this issue to identify the exact cause. I’m really sorry about this issue!

17. 5 years, 10 months ago peradetlic

Hi Alex,
    Thanks for reply, off course, go ahead and create backup.
    Please, let me know about further steps.
    Thanks,
    Mia

18. 5 years, 10 months ago Alex S
    Hi, I Work Here

Hi Mia,

Thanks. I’ve run some tests against your pages and I was able to recover an older version by restoring a revision. Unfortunately, there may be a few differences between the current version and broken version – I’m really sorry about that – ideally, can you please outline them? This may give us an insight as to what may have caused this issue.

19. 5 years, 10 months ago peradetlic

Hi Alex,
    Thank for reply. Give me an hour – two to check theme and plugin, I’ll let you know how that is going.
    So, right now I have an older version of Page Builder plugin, am I understand it well?
    Am I going to have a problem in future, if I update plugin, or WordPress as well?
    Thank you very much for your help, I’ll let you know in two hours how is everything working.
    Keep in touch.
    Best,
    Mia

20. 5 years, 10 months ago Alex S
    Hi, I Work Here

Hi Mia,

That’s fine mate. Let me know how you go.

So, right now I have an older version of Page Builder plugin, am I understand it well?

No, your home page has been reverted to an older revision/version. You’re still using the latest version of SiteOrigin Page Builder.

Am I going to have a problem in future, if I update plugin, or WordPress as well?

Unfortunately, this isn’t something I’m able to rule out at this time as we weren’t able to identify the source of this issue. If this issue does happen again, please make a note of all of changes made before the issue occurred as that should hopefully give us a possible pathway to identifying the cause and finding a solution. Does that make sense?

21. 5 years, 10 months ago peradetlic

Hi Alex,
    Thank you very much for your help. It really means a lot to me. I will continue with website design now, and I will keep an eye on any change, if the issue continue, I’ll let you know.

Best,
    Mia

22. 5 years, 10 months ago Andrew Misplon
    Hi, I Work Here

Hi Mia

Thanks for your reply. If you run into problems in the future, please let us know.

All the best.

Andrew

23. 5 years, 10 months ago peradetlic

Hi,
    Actually, I have an issue, and I'm not sure why :D
    So, I started to design website, and when I drag and drop elements with
    Page Builder, everything works fine, but when I want to animate any element on my website, that whole element is not longer visible. Basically if I add value to animation, I can't see the element.
    Can you please advice ?
    Thank you

24. 5 years, 10 months ago Andrew Misplon
    Hi, I Work Here

Hi, sure. Please, could you let us know which page this is happening on and which part of the page we should check? Thanks :)

Replies on this thread are closed. Please create a new thread if you have a question, or purchase a SiteOrigin Premium license if you need one-on-one email support.

Get The Most Out of SiteOrigin with SiteOrigin Premium

Find Out More