Home>Support>Not Working

Not Working

Hello,

I implemented the code in this thread (https://siteorigin.com/thread/annoying-woff-error-found-while-using-pagespeed-insight/) exactly as instructed, but Google Pagespeed Insights is still reporting the same thing: “Consider using “ to prioritize fetching resources that are currently requested later in page load. …fonts/slider.woff?8p86w5”

I have tested many times, waited different times and tested again. I tested both ways: by adding it to my functions.php file and when that didn’t work I removed it from there and added it through the ‘Code Snippets plugin’. Still no real change reporting in Pagespeed insights (at least not for mobile, but I did notice like a 10 point boost on average for desktop, but on mobile only a few points -and mobile score overall is extremely low in all tools that I’ve tested it in).

So is that code working or not? I am using the North theme.

Oh, and by the way I also tried just adding the image via an Editor widget, and Pagespeed insights still reported the same annoying error. And yes, I fully cleared my cache and test at different times. So the culprit seems to be with the widgets bundle or something.

Here’s my site if it helps, right now the code is back in the functions.php file (childtheme): bulkcomments.net

This is our free support forum. Replies can take several days. If you need fast email support, please purchase a SiteOrigin Premium license.

1. 8 days, 20 hours ago Andrew Misplon Hi, I Work Here

Hi Multimastery

Thanks for reaching out.

I’ve updated our FAQ with an explanation of why WOFF files aren’t preloaded and what you might do about it.

Page: FAQ

This is an advanced customization and not really something we can dive too deep into within our free support scope. I can see that there isn’t a preload in your source code. Perhaps check the function at the above link and ensure that your Code Snippets function is activated as it’s possible to save but not activated. The function should be set up to run on the site front end in Code Snippets.

2. 8 days, 11 hours ago Multimastery

Hi Andrew,

I got an error when trying putting it in the functions.php file; it messed up my blog page so I took it off. I’ll try it in the code snippets, but where exactly do I put the ‘conditional’ in this code for it to work properly?

3. 8 days, 4 hours ago Andrew Misplon Hi, I Work Here

The function as is in the documentation would run the preload on every page. You can find out more about WordPress conditionals here https://codex.wordpress.org/Conditional_Tags.

4. 8 days, 4 hours ago Andrew Misplon Hi, I Work Here

I’ve added a conditional example to docs: Page: FAQ. Hope that helps.

Please log in to post on our forums. Signing up is free.

Get The Most Out of SiteOrigin with SiteOrigin Premium

Find Out More