Home>Support>No Pagebuilder anymore in backend after yesterdays update to V2.11.7

No Pagebuilder anymore in backend after yesterdays update to V2.11.7

Hi guys and girls,

after updating to V2.11.7 yesterday the Siteorigin pagebuilder is not usable in backend anymore. It simmply seems to be not there, at least for the backend. All pages Pagebuilder shortcodes are shown as source-text, so no blocks and pagebuilder features at all. The frontend itself is o.k., also after clearing cache. So at least pagebuilders code is interpreted.

As my first step I switched back to V2.11.6, which I found at github: Enabling 2.11.6 again lead to different columns showing up in one column in frontend, so I decided to stay at V2.11.7 and write a message to you, which of course is urgent, since we are in the progress of a relaunch.

The siteorigin pagebuider is part of our quite old theme “FlatOn Pro”.

Kind regards,

Marcus

This is our free support forum. Replies can take several days. If you need fast email support, please purchase a SiteOrigin Premium license.

1. 3 years, 9 months ago Andrew Misplon
    Hi, I Work Here

Hi Marcus

Thanks for reaching out.

The changes made to 2.11.7 were very minor. The release was to resolve an issue with the Live Editor preview when a post loop was used on the page.

Try editing a page, when the issue occurs check for console errors, here is how https://wordpress.org/support/article/using-your-browser-to-diagnose-javascript-errors/#step-3-diagnosis. Errors will be visible in red text. If there are errors present please, take a screenshot, upload to Drive/Dropbox/Imgur.com, and send us the link.

2. 3 years, 9 months ago m.nahrgang

Hi Andrew,

after some more investigations we found the problem:

There were several updates the same time: SiteOrigin Pagebuilder, WPML, SEO etc.

Although we saw the problem coming up with Siteorigin Pagebuilder Update, it seemed quite clear it was a problem with the pagebuilder.

While digging deeper, the next problem was WPML throwing an error in Chrome Developer Console.
    But the real reason behind everything was the also updated RankMath SEO from V1.0.53 to V1.0.54, which came up with an update the same time.

After disabling RankMath, Siteorigin Pagebuilder was o.k. again. Rolling back RankMath afterwards fixed the problem for now.

Thanks for your help,

Marcus

3. 3 years, 9 months ago Andrew Misplon
    Hi, I Work Here

Hi Marcus

Thanks for the update.

When RankMath is activated and you edit a page is there a console error present in red text? Here is how to check https://wordpress.org/support/article/using-your-browser-to-diagnose-javascript-errors/#step-3-diagnosis.

Replies on this thread are closed. Please create a new thread if you have a question, or purchase a SiteOrigin Premium license if you need one-on-one email support.

Get The Most Out of SiteOrigin with SiteOrigin Premium

Find Out More