Home>Support>How do I eliminate dulicate full width headers that are showing on top of my 1080 x 387 header?

How do I eliminate dulicate full width headers that are showing on top of my 1080 x 387 header?

I finally got the meta slide header that I want to use up and the same header is piled on top and the full width of the screen. How do I delete them?

Visit my site (Marketing Ammo for the Little Guy to see my problem: www.jackrawlinsmarcom.com

URL: http://www.jackrawlinsmarcom.com

This is our free support forum. Replies can take several days. If you need fast email support, please purchase a SiteOrigin Premium license.

1. 9 years, 7 months ago ThemeBuddies

you are using a background image for the header. The issue is that the image is not big enough to stretch across the entire length of the screen. So what it is doing is repeating horizontally. I would need to see the available settings in your theme to tell you how you can fix it. Usually in this situation, you would want to center the image in the content area and tell it “NOT” to repeat horizontally. Then you could set a background color to fill the rest of the space or leave it white.

It looks like you might have this background image loaded in a few different places.

2. 9 years, 7 months ago Andrew Misplon
    Hi, I Work Here

Hi Jack

Masthead Background Image:
    This image struggles with the Vantage Full Width layout. Ideally what you’d do is save the text and person in a PNG file with a transparent background. Add that as the Logo under Theme Settings. Then under Appearance > Customize you’d add just the blue background and let that repeat.

Header Text:
    The text Call me! Maybe? can be managed from Appearance > Theme Settings > Logo > Header Text.

Slider:
    The home page slider under the header can be de-activated from Appearance > Theme Settings > Home.

3. 9 years, 7 months ago Andrew Misplon
    Hi, I Work Here

The other option is to edit your image a little and ensure it’s 1080px wide.
    Then change your site to the boxed layout option from Appearance > Theme Settings > Layout.
    Upload your 1080px wide image as the logo under Appearance > Theme Settings > Logo.
    Finally, add the following under Appearance > Custom CSS:

/* Full header logo */

header#masthead {
    padding: 0 !important;
    }

header#masthead .hgroup {
    padding: 0 !important;
    }

header#masthead .hgroup .logo img {
    width: 1080px;
    }

.main-navigation {
    margin: 0 !important;
    }

body.responsive header#masthead .hgroup .support-text, body.responsive header#masthead .hgroup #header-sidebar {
    display: none !important;
    }

That would give you a full width logo.

@ThemeBuddies, thanks for the help, appreciate it.

Replies on this thread are closed. Please create a new thread if you have a question, or purchase a SiteOrigin Premium license if you need one-on-one email support.

Get The Most Out of SiteOrigin with SiteOrigin Premium

Find Out More