Home>Support>Home Page not found!

Home Page not found!

I am building a simple website using Vantage Theme, when I first load the pages the Home page looks fine and I am able to navigate between the other 3 pages. However when I return back to Home page I receive message below. Can someone help!

That page can’t be found.
It looks like nothing was found at this location. Maybe try one of the links below or a search?

Search
Most Used Categories

No categories
Archives

Try looking in the monthly archives.

Archives<

This is our free support forum. Replies can take several days. If you need fast email support, please purchase a SiteOrigin Premium license.

1. 8 years, 6 months ago Alex S
    Hi, I Work Here

Hi Lina.

Please try resaving your permalinks. I know that sounds odd but it’s possible your .htaccess is only kind of working. To do this please go to WP AdminSettingsPermalinks and simply click save changes – there’s no need to change anything.

If this doesn’t work; did you set a front page? To check, please go to WP AdminSettingsReading and ensure the front page is set.

If none of the above work; Do you have a public URL where we can take a look at what’s going on? If you need to keep this URL private from other users, just select “Private Reply” on the bottom right of the comment box.

2. 8 years, 6 months ago Private Message - Lina Fulcher

This is a private message.

3. 8 years, 6 months ago Alex S
    Hi, I Work Here

Hi Lina,

The homepage is actually fine, the issue is your menu. Please go to WP AdminAppearanceMenus and adjust the home link as it’s currently linking to an invalid page.

4. 8 years, 6 months ago Lina Fulcher

Hi Alex,
    Thank you for getting back to me.
    There is no area in the Appearance->Menus where I am able to edit the home link.
    Also, if I am able to edit it what should the link be? at the moment I see the fault defaults to http://www.lotushomestaging.ca/home-4/

Please try to get back to me today, as time is of the essence.
    Can I call you?

5. 8 years, 6 months ago Alex S
    Hi, I Work Here

Hi Lina,

Would it be possible for you to create a temporary admin account for us so we can log in and take a look? You can create the account with the following email address:

[email protected]

Just navigate to UsersAdd New in your WordPress admin. Enter siteorigin for the username and [email protected] for the email address. Make sure you’ve selected Administrator for the role and enabled the Send Password field so we receive the details.

Once we’re finished taking a look, you can delete this account. We’ll let you know when to do that.

6. 8 years, 6 months ago Private Message - Alex S Hi, I Work Here

7. 8 years, 6 months ago Private Message - WordPress

8. 8 years, 6 months ago Lina Fulcher

You are now setup as an administrator … thank you in advance.

If you are able to resolve (I sincerely hope so) please let me know what the issue was.

9. 8 years, 6 months ago Alex S
    Hi, I Work Here

Hi Lina,

Issue is now being handled via premium support.

10. 8 years, 6 months ago Lina Fulcher

Thank you — I hope this means I will have some attention very soon,
    please see this happens, I will very much appreciate it.

11. 8 years, 6 months ago Alex S
    Hi, I Work Here

Hi Lina,

Please check your email. I have already resolved the issue and responded to your ticket.

12. 8 years, 6 months ago Lina Fulcher

thank you, thank you and thank you — where was the problem or rather my mistake!!

13. 8 years, 6 months ago Alex S
    Hi, I Work Here

Hi Lina,

As explained, it wasn’t your fault. The URL changed for the home page (the actual page) and it wasn’t updated in the menu so I readded the menu item to update it.

Please, in the future please email directly to Private Snippet as you will get not only faster responses but faster solutions.

14. 8 years, 6 months ago Lina Fulcher

Please forgive my ignorance Alex — what is the Private Snippet I should be using in the future!

15. 8 years, 6 months ago Private Message - Alex S Hi, I Work Here

16. 8 years, 5 months ago Lina Fulcher

Hello Alex,

I changes two pages names under Menu Structure, in place of original
    "Services" it is now "Staging & Showcasing" and for the 2nd page which was
    "Seniors", it is now "Downsizing".
    The problem I see that those two changes are not reflected across the board.
    Please advice where should the page name change occur so that the changes appear everywhere on the site.
    I would truly appreciate if you can treat this with urgency.
    Let me know if you require access to my site, in fact you still have it.

17. 8 years, 5 months ago Lina Fulcher

I can't remember where I have enabled the page title to be displayed on the left top corner. Please advise.
    As you see it is still showing the old name rather than the new one.

18. 8 years, 5 months ago Alex S
    Hi, I Work Here

Hi Lina,

Could you point me towards a page where the menu change isn’t visible? I’m unable to find one. Could you also point me to the page title issue? I can’t seem to see that either. Regardless, it’s possible there’s a server-side cache that was storing a reference to the outdated menu.

19. 8 years, 5 months ago Lina Fulcher

for example below is when I select "Staging & Showcasing" page, I do get to it however the title on the top left corner is still stating Services which is the previous page name.
    Would I be able to call you as I want to ensure that the two pages names changes are applied across the website.

20. 8 years, 5 months ago Lina Fulcher

http://www.lotushomestaging.ca is my website name

21. 8 years, 5 months ago Alex S
    Hi, I Work Here

Hi Lina,

We currently only provide text support.

To change the title you’ll need to change the WordPress page name, and not just the WordPress navigation label. To do that, open the “Staging & Showcasing” page click the Edit Page link in the admin bar.

Then adjust the page title.

It should be noted that by that I mean that editing the navigation label doesn’t change everything about a page. It just changes the text in the menu.

22. 8 years, 5 months ago Lina Fulcher

Hi Alex,
    1) I changed the permalink for Seniors and changed to Downsizing. This has not changed the page name displayed on the top left corner, it still reads
    "Seniors"
    I remember that somewhere in setting you had to check or uncheck a box to display the page name on the corner, I just cannot remember where it was!

2) Since for the other page name the I have changed to "Staging &
    Showcasing" instead or services, will the permalink accept the & sign??
    3) What is the effect of changing the permalink name to the new page name?
    the page was still displayed before the change! what the the impact after the link name change.

23. 8 years, 5 months ago Alex S
    Hi, I Work Here

Hi Lina,

1. I’m not too sure where you read that – that’s not the case. You just need to update the post title. For reference, I’m updated the post title and the page title has now been updated to reflect said change.

2. No. WordPress will remove the & due it being an invalid character. You should manually replace it with and if desired but please note that Google won’t care as it’s a “generic” word.

3. Outside of the URL, nothing. The slug is different to the page title as proven by 1.

24. 8 years, 5 months ago Lina Fulcher

sorry to be a pain … yes the Services has now been replaced by Staging &
    Showcasing, however the Downsizing still shows Seniors on the top left corner as the page name!

25. 8 years, 5 months ago Lina Fulcher

I figured the page name and changed it, thanks.

One last thing, please refer to screen copy below, the permalink shows
    …/services-4, would you kindly let me know how to write
    .ca/staging&showcasing/.
    Will the & be accepted? I did not understand your earlier response!

[image: Inline image 1]

26. 8 years, 5 months ago Alex S
    Hi, I Work Here

Hi Lina,

Glad you figured it out.

Okay. So, no. WordPress will not allow & as that is not a valid slug.

Please open up the page you wish to change the permalink for, and click the edit button to the right of the permalink.

Then input your new slug. Please note that WordPress will automatically remove any invalid characters, such as & for example.

Once you’ve done that click ok and then save the page.

27. 8 years, 5 months ago Lina Fulcher

thank you, it appears that you modified the link.

Thank you for your prompt feedback, I very much appreciate it.

28. 8 years, 5 months ago Lina Fulcher

Good morning Alex,

I am having difficulty controlling some of the image sizes. I purchased a few to use and although when using the image editor to increase the picture size, nothing happens.
    Any guide lines I should be aware of?
    Thank you fr your time in advance.

29. 8 years, 5 months ago Alex S
    Hi, I Work Here

Hi Lina,

WordPress can only scale (read: resize) images down in resolution – not up. You’ll need to either use higher resolution source images or resize the images external to WordPress. The latter of which I, sadly, can’t help you with.

30. 8 years, 5 months ago Lina Fulcher

Hello Alex,
    thank you and have a lovely day.

31. 8 years, 5 months ago Lina Fulcher

thanks for the tip about WordPress and picture size etc, it has been most helpful resolved so many issues … thanks again!

32. 8 years, 5 months ago Lina Fulcher

There are two ways for downloading an image to a column, what is the difference or advantage/disadvantage of downloading an image:

– by adding a Site Origin Editor widget to the column first then adding media file and
    – by adding Site Origin Image widget and adding media directly – (cannot custom image size)

When do you use which of the options?

33. 8 years, 5 months ago Alex S
    Hi, I Work Here

Hi Lina,

The Editor widget is more for complimentary images (hence the ability to easily adjust the sizing), and the image widget is more for more important, layout type, images.

34. 8 years, 5 months ago Lina Fulcher

Another question Alex.

Can I control the border thickness as well as the corners ie if I want a rounded corner?

35. 8 years, 5 months ago Alex S
    Hi, I Work Here

Hi Lina,

You can do pretty much anything you wish to do in the CSS Editor. Play around with the visual view, and check out the panels. Be sure to watch the Getting Started guide.

36. 8 years, 5 months ago Lina Fulcher

Hello Alex,
    For my contact form I wanted to add the anti spam option "reCAPTCHA". We I selected the option to add it to my contact form, the following message was received to install an API.
    Is that ok? and is the only was to add that option to the contact form?
    To use reCAPTCHA, first you need to install an API key pair. For more details, see reCAPTCHA <http://contactform7.com/recaptcha/&gt;.

37. 8 years, 5 months ago Alex S
    Hi, I Work Here

Hi Lina,

Yes. To use the reCAPTCHA service you’ll need a reCAPTCHA API key.

38. 8 years, 5 months ago Lina Fulcher

Hi Alex — thank you.

Another question,
    when editing a Row and adding the bottom or top border, sometimes the line is within the width of the frame and other times it is not. Please see example below. How can I control it should not exceed the width of outer frame.

39. 8 years, 5 months ago Alex S
    Hi, I Work Here

Hi Lina,

Did you reply with attachments? Our forum currently doesn’t support email reply attachments so you’ll manually have to link me to them for them to be visible.

Regardless, if you have a link to a page where I can use such and issue that would be the best way for me to help diagnose the issue. If you need to keep this URL private from other users, just select “Private Reply” on the bottom right of the comment box. Email replies are not private.

40. 7 years, 6 months ago Lina Fulcher

Hi Alex,

Private Snippet

I wonder if you can assist me with something on my website. If you see a copy of part of my page footer you see the lines underneath. I cannot figure out how I got them and wish to get rid of them.

Your assistance is much appreciated. Lina

[image: Inline image 1]

41. 7 years, 6 months ago Alex S
    Hi, I Work Here

Hi Lina,

Unfortunately, we’re currently unable to process email attachments. Can you please upload the image to a third party image hosting site like vgy.me or imgur.com? Sorry about this!

Regardless, if you’re using Vantage you can present this by adding the following CSS to WP Admin > Appearance > Custom CSS:

#footer-widgets .widget.widget_nav_menu li:before {
    	content: '' !important;
    	margin: 0 !important;
    }

#colophon .widget_nav_menu .menu-item a {
    	border: 0;
    }

You might also need to install the SiteOrigin CSS Editor.

By the way, as you’re a premium user, you’re entitled to priority email support. If you would like to make use of that, please follow the instructions found on your Page: Dashboard (please refer to the support tab). Please reference this thread and include your SiteOrigin order key in the email.

Replies on this thread are closed. Please create a new thread if you have a question, or purchase a SiteOrigin Premium license if you need one-on-one email support.

Get The Most Out of SiteOrigin with SiteOrigin Premium

Find Out More