Home>Support>Home page gets inserted into product page w/more than 30 product variations

Home page gets inserted into product page w/more than 30 product variations

As requested in WordPress Support Forum Home page gets inserted into product page with more than 30 product variations Copied below:

Hi

I previously posted in this forum regarding Site Origin Page Builder ver 2.66 inserting my home page into my custom search result pages. 2.66 Update breaks my category search result pages

I was not able to resolve that, as Site Origin said it was Relevanssi search and Relevanssi said it was Site Origin, so I worked around it by using product tags instead of the custom search results links so it wouldnt occur.

I have now experienced a very similar issue. When I add more than 30 variations to a product (size and color), again my home page gets inserted into the product page this time. Anything below 30 variations and the product page is fine.

In both instances (the search issue, and now this product page issue), (on my staging site) I deactivate Site Origins Page Builder and the issues dont occur. A product page with more than 30 variations displays as it should. – tested multiple times.

My live site is using Page Builder ver 2.90. My staging site I am using ver 2.92

I really need to get a resolution to this as right now my solution is to not have more than 30 variations in a product, which is really inconvenient – the only other resolution would be to find a replacement for Site Origins Page Builder – which I dont want to do either.

My front home page and my shop page are one and the same and I use Site Origins Page builder on that page as well as a few other informational pages, but it is not used on any product pages.

Here are links to screen shots in my public dropbox showing what is happening

With Site Origin active

With Site Origin deactivated

If need be, I can give you access to my staging site.

Can you please see what can be done about this ? I really would like to keep Site Origin Page Builder.
———

I neglected to mention that the issue occurs when choosing the variations, not when the page first loads. After choosing a variation, a circle spins in the middle of the page and thats when the home page gets inserted.

I deactivated all plugins (including my code snippets plugin) except Page builder by Site Origin, SiteOrigin Widgets Bundle and Woocommerce. I installed theme twenty ten and switched to it. I cleared my browser cache, I tried it on Firefox and also Chrome. The issue still exists.
I then deactivated SiteOrigins Widget Bundle – the issue went away and the page loaded fine with Page Builder active.
I then reactivated SiteOrigins Widget Bundle and deactivated Site Origins Page Builder and the page loaded fine.
I then reactivated SiteOrigins Widget Bundle and Site Origins Page Builder and the issue came back.
I deactivate both Widget Bundle and Page Builder and the page loaded fine.

Tested on my staging site in Firefox and Chrome.

So I think that narrows it down to Site Origins….?
——
As advised, I can give you access to my staging site. I am keeping it ‘as is’ in case you want to see it. (a mess after deactivating everything)

This is our free support forum. Replies can take several days. If you need fast email support, please purchase a SiteOrigin Premium license.

1. 5 years, 9 months ago Alex S
    Hi, I Work Here

Hi Yatgirl,

Sorry for the delay – I somehow missed this thread.

Would it be possible for you to create a temporary admin account for us so we can log in and take a look?

2. 5 years, 9 months ago Private Message - Alex S Hi, I Work Here

This is a private message.

3. 5 years, 9 months ago yatgirl

I have done as requested. However you will also need the url address and sign on for the blogvault staging site. Please advise how I can get that information to you.

4. 5 years, 9 months ago yatgirl

I have sent the additional info to the private email advised for the sign on – if this is not correct, please advise an additional way to get you the info.

5. 5 years, 9 months ago Private Message - Alex S Hi, I Work Here

6. 5 years, 9 months ago Private Message - Deb Harris-Humeniuk

7. 5 years, 9 months ago Private Message - Alex S Hi, I Work Here

8. 5 years, 9 months ago Private Message - Deb Harris-Humeniuk

9. 5 years, 9 months ago Private Message - Deb Harris-Humeniuk

10. 5 years, 9 months ago Alex S
    Hi, I Work Here

Hi Yatgirl,

Thanks. I see you’re using an older version of WoOCmmerce and SiteOrigin Widgets Bundle. Does updating both plugin help?

11. 5 years, 9 months ago yatgirl

This issue has been going on for 7 months. Any update I have tried does not make any difference. I updated my live store in late October. I will not update my live store in the christmas shopping season due to the never ending updates and chances of things breaking. If you would like to update my staging site – feel free.

12. 5 years, 9 months ago Alex S
    Hi, I Work Here

Hi Yatgirl,

Thanks. I’ve run a few tests and I’m unable to identify the cause of this issue on your website. I’ve replicated your settings and product page locally but I still can’t seem to replicate this on a different install. Would it be okay if I can create a backup of your website for local testing? This will cut out the need to replicate this on another install and allow me to run some tests against the code itself.

13. 5 years, 9 months ago yatgirl

Sure, whatever you need – I am assuming that you mean my staging site? You are welcome to do whatever you like with my staging site – I am really hoping to be able to get this resolved and be able to keep Site Origins. The staging site is set to expire in 16 days – if it needs to be extended, just tell me.

You found the test product that I set up that had more than 30 variations and was able to see the error happening live on my staging site? It was the Affenpinscher Hoody Jacket – Embroidered brs_G18600_DM488.

14. 5 years, 9 months ago Alex S
    Hi, I Work Here

Hi Yatgirl,

Thanks. I’ve run a few tests and I think I’ve figured out the cause and applied a temporary fix. Does this issue occur anymore for you?

15. 5 years, 9 months ago yatgirl

yay ! The issue is not occurring on my test page and I added more than 30 variations to another test product and it worked fine as well. I, of course, cant see if the fix affects anything else negatively with everything else deactivated and a different theme.

What was it ? The widgets bundle, page builder, or something I had chosen to do with them or ?

16. 5 years, 9 months ago Alex S
    Hi, I Work Here

Hi Yatgirl,

Great to hear. For whatever reason, your affected product was flagged as the shop page during an Ajax request for the Variation description. I’m not too sure why so I’ll look into why that’s happening shortly – as odd as it may sound, this may be intentional on WooCommerce’s part. I’ll also submit my findings to the development team shortly so this fix should hopefully be in the next update.

17. 5 years, 9 months ago yatgirl

Thanks ! I am confused as to why a variation description would be linked to Page Builder/widget bundle being active, and why no one else has reported this issue, but I am so thrilled that you were able to track it down. If you could post the reasons after you find out, that would be great to know.
    Thanks again for all your work !

18. 5 years, 9 months ago yatgirl

oh also, do you still need my staging site kept as is for awhile ?

19. 5 years, 9 months ago Alex S
    Hi, I Work Here

Hi Yatgirl,

I no longer require access to the staging site due to the backup made. Once I’ve finished testing, I’ll remove that backup also. I’ll be taking a look over the code to work out what went wrong shortly.

20. 5 years, 7 months ago yatgirl

Hi
    Is there an estimated time of this issue being fixed ?
    It still exists and my site is fully updated to current.

21. 5 years, 7 months ago Alex S
    Hi, I Work Here

Hi Yatgirl,

Very sorry for the delay.

The development team is currently looking into this issue and are unable to replicate this issue. Before allowing any fixes to be applied, they need to be able to replicate and test this issue to confirm no issues are introduced by this change. Can you please provide me with an export of your Products and Variations?

22. 5 years, 7 months ago yatgirl

I have sent a zipped copy of my complete product export csv to [email protected]

23. 5 years, 7 months ago Alex S
    Hi, I Work Here

Hi Yatgirl,

Was it as an attachment? If so, unfortunately, that email is unable to process attachments at this time. Can you please upload the file to WeTransfer and specify that email?

24. 5 years, 7 months ago Private Message - WeTransfer

25. 5 years, 7 months ago yatgirl

ok I have done that – sent as an email via wetransfer.

I am a bit confused …..you say it cant be replicated but you downloaded a backup of my staging site, where it can be seen and replicated and the products could have been exported from there…..

I guess if it cant be fixed, then I will have to find another page builder and widgets – which I dont really want to do.

Thanks for checking into this.

26. 5 years, 7 months ago Alex S
    Hi, I Work Here

Hi Yatgirl,

I was able to replicate on the backup of yours I made, however, we haven’t been able to replicate this issue on a different (and not a backup) of your website.

Thank you for the export.

27. 5 years, 7 months ago Alex S
    Hi, I Work Here

Hi Yatgirl,

Would it be possible for you to provide us with access to your test site again? Unfortunately, the import wasn’t able to complete so we really need to create a direct backup again. I’m really sorry about this.

28. 5 years, 7 months ago Private Message - WordPress

29. 5 years, 7 months ago yatgirl

Please ignore the above private message – I have set your password separately – please wait for next message

30. 5 years, 7 months ago Private Message - Deb Harris-Humeniuk

31. 5 years, 7 months ago Private Message - DogShoppe.net

32. 5 years, 7 months ago Alex S
    Hi, I Work Here

Hi Yatgirl,

Thanks. I was able to log in without issue. I’m creating a backup now.

33. 3 years, 3 months ago yatgirl

No one ever got back to me on this…… But 2+ years later, I have found a work around that seems to work and so I thought I would post here. Perhaps you can look into this further from your end as there is still an issue.

2+ years later – I still couldn’t have more than 30 variations on a product – if Site Origins Widget Bundle plugin was activated. It now seems to work if Page Builder is active. If I deactivated SO Widgets Bundle plugin – the product page accepts 50+ (thats all I tested to) variations with no issue.

However, I stumbled across this forum post
    WordPress Woocommerce Forum Post

The above link explains that over 30 variations, woocommerce loads the product page with ajax. The code snippet fix provided for that other poster’s issue works for me as well. With that snippet referenced in the above link, the product page no longer loads with ajax when there are over 30 variations and the product page behaves as it should and I am able to also have Site Origins Widget bundle active.

I thought I would post here as that seems to be the issue – the loading with ajax and some kind of conflict with Site Origins plugin.

34. 3 years, 3 months ago Andrew Misplon
    Hi, I Work Here

Hi, thanks for posting the solution, it’s most appreciated. I’m sorry for the lack of follow-up. I’ve chatted with the team, this issue was passed up to our lead developer at the time and then lost in that process. If you’d like a 100% discount for the first two years of a SiteOrigin Premium plugin license, please, email me at [email protected]. Thanks again for the update.

Replies on this thread are closed. Please create a new thread if you have a question, or purchase a SiteOrigin Premium license if you need one-on-one email support.

Get The Most Out of SiteOrigin with SiteOrigin Premium

Find Out More