Home>Support>Hero Image Full Screen
  1. 6 years, 3 months ago Alex S
    Hi, I Work Here

Hi Nigel.

I’ve had a look at your slider and it looks like you’ve slider text is scaling without issue. If it’s still not scaling for you correctly, can you please send me a screenshot of what you’re seeing? Please note that we’re currently unable to process attachments so you’ll need to upload the screenshot to a third party image hosting site like Imgur or vgy.me.

2. 6 years, 3 months ago nig

Hi Alex,

That’s strange. I’ve checked it on a Samsung phone on Chrome and also in Chrome & Edge in developer mode and it doesn’t scale correctly.

Here’s a screenshot of the phone.

Screeshot

3. 6 years, 3 months ago Alex S
    Hi, I Work Here

Hi Nigel,

Can you please clarify what device is pictured above?

Regardless, please open the SiteOrigin Hero widget and open the Design and Layout settings group. Please set the Top and Bottom Padding to 0%. Set the Extra Top Padding to… say, 25% and save. How does that look?

4. 6 years, 2 months ago nig

Hi Alex,

That screenshot was from a Samsung Galaxy S7.

I’ve followed your advice and it’s working out a lot better now. Out of interest what device did you view it on. I noticed the image doesn’t auto crop in to fill the full screen on a mobile phone. It does however do this on a PC browser.

I’m essentially trying to replicate how the homepage works currently except with the Hero image.

Thanks for all your help.

Nigel

5. 6 years, 2 months ago Alex S
    Hi, I Work Here

Hi Nigel,

The provided screenshot was taken on a Pixel 2 XL.
    Your slider doesn’t have a set height to allow that makes it full screen, it’s set to automatic (ie. blank, no height). This means that the slider will calculate the height based on your settings and your settings just so happen to allow for the slider to be full screen at certain resolutions. If you’re looking to have a full screen slider regardless of resolution, I would recommend giving this article a read: Create a Fullscreen Slider with the SiteOrigin Hero Widget.

6. 6 years, 2 months ago nig

Hi Alex,

That’s a great help. From that link I noticed I had set the height to vmin rather than vh.

Cheers

Nigel

Replies on this thread are closed. Please create a new thread if you have a question, or purchase a SiteOrigin Premium license if you need one-on-one email support.

Get The Most Out of SiteOrigin with SiteOrigin Premium

Find Out More