Home>Support>Contactform distorted after update SiteOrigin Widget Bundle v1.58.9 or v1.58.10

Contactform distorted after update SiteOrigin Widget Bundle v1.58.9 or v1.58.10

The updates aren’t working for me. Unfortunately. My combination contact form 7 (v5.9) with Page Builder by SiteOrigin (v2.29.5) and SiteOrigin Widgets Bundle (v1.58.6) works fine. But after the update my form is distorted and shows an error: document.getElementById( “ak_js_1” ).setAttribute( “value”, ( new Date() ).getTime() );

PLs help?

This is our free support forum. Replies can take several days. If you need fast email support, please purchase a SiteOrigin Premium license.

1. 6 months, 13 days ago Andrew Misplon
    Hi, I Work Here

Hi, thanks for posting your question.

How is your contact form inserted? If you could also let us know the author or explain more about it, that would be great.

2. 6 months, 13 days ago theSaneSpot

I’ve inserted a row. Divided in three parts. In one part i’ve inserted the SiteOrgine Feature (for pictograms). In the body i’ve added the shortcode provided by contact form 7. Which worked fine.

3. 6 months, 13 days ago Andrew Misplon
    Hi, I Work Here

Thanks for the update. Is the issue persisting at the moment? Sorry, I might have lost you on this last reply.

4. 6 months, 13 days ago theSaneSpot

Yes it is.

Downgrading to a previous version would/could do the trick. But when i download a previous version of the plugin on wordpress.org platform i get a folder with the plugin. When i zip-it and upload it to the plugin part of the website. I get an error that the archive isn’t correct.

5. 6 months, 13 days ago Andrew Misplon
    Hi, I Work Here

The easiest is to ask Safari not to do that in SafariSettings or use another browser.

I’ll be online a bit later. Perhaps you can send us your form? Within CF7, copy your form from the CF7 field and paste the data into a text file. Upload the text file to WeTransfer.com or Drive etc., and send us the link. We’ll try to replicate the issue.

To confirm, did you update both Page Builder and the Widgets Bundle to their latest versions?

For interest’s sake, I’ve published a basic CF7 form in a SO Editor Widget in Page Builder here https://demo.siteorigin.com/corp/sandbox-2/.

6. 6 months, 13 days ago theSaneSpot

Will send you the CF asap. Through the steps you explained.

Both were updated to the latest version. CF as well.

7. 6 months, 13 days ago Alex S
    Hi, I Work Here

Hi,

I’ve run a test with the provided layout, and it’s working as expected. I tried replicating it with the Classic Editor, and Block Editor. For reference, I added the layout to: https://demo.siteorigin.com/corp/sandbox-2/.

Can you please link me to the specific page this issue is occurring on?

Kind regards,
    Alex

8. 6 months, 12 days ago theSaneSpot

Yes of course. The website is https://goeiegruttenif.nl/contact/

9. 6 months, 12 days ago Andrew Misplon
    Hi, I Work Here

Thanks for the link. Please try clearing and then deactivating your modification plugin; we;’ll take another look then.

10. 6 months, 12 days ago theSaneSpot

Just for the sake of clearing and deactivating the right modification plugin; could you be more specific which one. You mean the SO bundle? Or the SO Pagebuilder? Or am i missing something?

11. 6 months, 12 days ago Andrew Misplon
    Hi, I Work Here

Apologies – not sure if I was looking for modification or caching there! Your caching plugin please.

12. 6 months, 12 days ago Andrew Misplon
    Hi, I Work Here

Minification! – I’m getting autocorrected locally. Thanks.

13. 6 months, 12 days ago theSaneSpot

Done

14. 6 months, 12 days ago Andrew Misplon
    Hi, I Work Here

Thanks! Please try temporarily deactivating https://wordpress.org/plugins/contact-form-7-mailchimp-extension/ and let us know if the issue persists. I was going to test with the plugin to extend our demo but it isn’t available for download at the moment.

15. 6 months, 12 days ago theSaneSpot

Unfortunately. Just deactivated the plugin and refreshed my page. And checked it on anther device. It does not resolve the problem.

16. 6 months, 12 days ago Andrew Misplon
    Hi, I Work Here

Thanks for trying. We have Akismet activated here https://demo.siteorigin.com/corp/sandbox-2/ to mimic your form as closely as possible. Please try creating a test page and then try adding a very standard CF7 form. Are you able to find a working baseline?

17. 6 months, 11 days ago theSaneSpot

Unfortunately. Not working till i downgrade the bundle plugin.

18. 6 months, 11 days ago Andrew Misplon
    Hi, I Work Here

Thanks for trying a test page with a very default CF7 form. If you haven’t already run a plugin conflict test, now would be a great time to do so. A baseline conflict test would go as follows:

– Clear any caching/optimization plugins and then temporarily deactivate them.
    – Temporarily deactivate all plugins except for Page Builder, Widgets Bundle, and CF7.
    – With only the three plugins activated, does the issue persist?

19. 6 months, 11 days ago theSaneSpot

The plugin conflict test was the first thing i tested. Before reaching out to you.

20. 6 months, 11 days ago Andrew Misplon
    Hi, I Work Here

The JavaScript shown on the page when the issue occurred is from Akismet:

error: document.getElementById( “ak_js_1” ).setAttribute( “value”, ( new Date() ).getTime() );

Did the Akismet JS continue to output on the page with only Page Builder, the Widgets Bundle and Contact Form 7 activated?

21. 6 months, 11 days ago theSaneSpot

Yes it did. Tested it again just a minute ago.

Everything seems fine till the update from so-widgets-bundle.1.58.6 to a higher version.

22. 6 months, 11 days ago Andrew Misplon
    Hi, I Work Here

Thanks. I’m not following why Akismet code continues to output with the plugin that powers that code deactivated. Unfortunately, I can’t provide any distinct answers at this point. The only way forward is to find a working baseline. Can you show us the site with Page Builder, Widgets Bundle, CF7 and nothing else?

Replies on this thread are closed. Please create a new thread if you have a question, or purchase a SiteOrigin Premium license if you need one-on-one email support.

Get The Most Out of SiteOrigin with SiteOrigin Premium

Find Out More