Home>Support>Contact form error

Contact form error

Dear reader,

On the website I build for my sister, the contact form suddenly doesn’t work anymore.
The error says that there are issues sending the e-mail, and suggest to try again later.

Actions I’ve allready tried:
– Update all plugins etc.
– Check e-mail plugin –> the website sends e-mails
– I tried deactivating and activating the Widget Bundle and delete de all caches
– I tried change the settings in the form itself in page builder, but that’s not possible either, I got redirected to a white page with date-notifaction.

Also I’ve checked if it’s possible to use the contact form on other sites I manage, but they work perfectly, while these others sites are actually the same on the backside..

It would be great if someone could help me out with this issue

Melanie

This is our free support forum. Replies can take several days. If you need fast email support, please purchase a SiteOrigin Premium license.

1. 8 months, 11 days ago Aaron Evans Hi, I Work Here

Hi Melanie

Thanks for posting your question.

Does the contact form send normally if you temporarily deactivate all plugins except for Page Builder by SiteOrigin, the SiteOrigin Widgets Bundle, and your email/SMTP plugin?

2. 8 months, 6 days ago mwolters18

Thank you for your reply Aaron. I’ve tried what you suggested but even when I deactivate all other plugins, the contactform doesn’t work and stil gives the same error.

Do you have any other suggestions?

3. 8 months, 5 days ago Aaron Evans Hi, I Work Here

Thanks for trying. If you log out of WordPress and use the login form password reset option, does the email to reset arrive in your inbox?

4. 8 months, 5 days ago Aaron Evans Hi, I Work Here

The above would be another way of confirming the below line item:

– Check e-mail plugin –> the website sends e-mails

The following item suggests an issue with WordFence, it’s worth resolving that issue to see if it helps:

– I tried change the settings in the form itself in page builder, but that’s not possible either, I got redirected to a white page with date-notifaction.

Here is how Thread: Date appearing when trying to edit widgets in Page Builder.

5. 7 months, 26 days ago mwolters18

Thank you for your suggestions Aaron.
    I tried sending a password reset, that worked perfectly so that can’t be the problem.

After resolving the issue with editing the widgets, I’ve made another form with new settings. Also I tried using another plugin (contact form 7) but I get the same error. Which means the problem is not only appearing with the SiteOrigin widget…
    I even tried with and without the option recaptcha and akismet, but that didn’t change anything.

I don’t know anymore where to look further for a solution. Suggestions are still welcome, but I can totally understand if you’re out of suggestions.

6. 7 months, 26 days ago Aaron Evans Hi, I Work Here

Glad to hear you’re making some progress, thanks for the update. Have you perhaps tried changing the email sending method? How are emails being sent at the moment? If it’s with SMTP, perhaps try reverting to PHP or perhaps try changing the SMTP details to another mail server like Gmail.

Replies on this thread are closed. Please create a new thread if you have a question, or purchase a SiteOrigin Premium license if you need one-on-one email support.

Get The Most Out of SiteOrigin with SiteOrigin Premium

Find Out More