Home>Support>Compatibility PHP-7

Compatibility PHP-7

Dear all,

I will like to upgrade all my websites with PHP7.
I install and test 2 of my websites with the plugin: PHP Compatibility Checker
Because I use your nice tools, I will like to know if this is a false/positive error and see with you if SiteOrigin Widgets Bundle works with PHP7.
I got 3 errors for the compatibility with PHP7

SiteOrigin Widgets Bundle

FILE: /home/larcebea/idunminerals.jp/wp-content/plugins/so-widgets-bundle/base/inc/lib/Less/SourceMap/Base64VLQ.php
——————————————————————————————————————-
FOUND 3 ERRORS AFFECTING 1 LINE
156 | ERROR | Bitwise shifts by negative number will throw an ArithmeticError in PHP 7.0
156 | ERROR | Bitwise shifts by negative number will throw an ArithmeticError in PHP 7.0

FILE: /home/larcebea/idunminerals.jp/wp-content/plugins/so-widgets-bundle/base/inc/lib/Less/Parser.php
——————————————————————————————————
FOUND 0 ERRORS AND 3 WARNINGS AFFECTING 3 LINES
93 | WARNING | INI directive ‘mbstring.internal_encoding’ is deprecated since PHP 5.6
94 | WARNING | INI directive ‘mbstring.internal_encoding’ is deprecated since PHP 5.6
229 | WARNING | INI directive ‘mbstring.internal_encoding’ is deprecated since PHP 5.6

Thank you,
Cheers and kind regards,

Remi

This is a free community support forum. Replies are not guaranteed. If you need professional email support, please purchase a SiteOrigin Premium license.

1. 16 days, 11 hours ago Alex S Hi, I Work Here

Hi Remi,

We’ve looked into the highlighted issues in the past. These errors are coming up due to how the PHP 7 Compatability Checker checks for compatibility. It’s basically missing the context and the context prevents the issue from occurring and flagging it incorrectly as a result.

In other words, yes, these “issues” are false positive and safe to ignore. You’re able to use either PHP 7 or PHP 7.1 without issue. We actively use PHP 7 during development so we can assure you – there are no issues with PHP 7.

2. 16 days, 8 hours ago Remi

Hi Alex S,

Thank you for your quick answer. This is great 😉

Just another question.

With WooCommerce on the EDIT PRODUCT page, is there a way to have PAGEBUILDER option on PRODUCT SHORT DESCRIPTION.

I got only the VISUAL and TEXT options for this part.

3. 16 days, 3 hours ago Alex S Hi, I Work Here

Hi Remi

Unfortunately, there’s no way to enable Page builder for that editor at this time. I’ll log this as a feature request. Sorry mate. :(

Please log in to post on our forums. Signing up is free.

Get The Most Out of SiteOrigin with SiteOrigin Premium

Find Out More