Home>Support>5.5 Seems to have broken Page Builder for me

5.5 Seems to have broken Page Builder for me

Page Builder no longer comes up as a tab when editing a page or post. I tried to remove all plugins except for those by site origin but no luck. Also tried swithcing to default 2020 theme but no dice there either. I simply cannot get page builder back to a working state. I even removed the plugin entirely and reinstalled just in case. Cookies and Cache have also been emptied. Please help!

This is our free support forum. Replies can take several days. If you need fast email support, please purchase a SiteOrigin Premium license.

1. 1 month, 17 days ago Andrew Misplon Hi, I Work Here

Hi Nathaniel

Thanks for getting started with the troubleshooting process. Please, try the following:

1. Deactivate all plugins except for Page Builder.
    2. If you have a caching/optimization plugin installed, clear it before activation.
    3. Switch to Twenty-Twenty.
    4. Edit a page, if the issue persists, please, take a screenshot of what you’re seeing, upload it to imgur.com or similar and send us a link.
    5. On that same page, open the browser console, take a screenshot, upload to imgur.com or similar and send us a link. Here is how to open the console https://wordpress.org/support/article/using-your-browser-to-diagnose-javascript-errors/#step-3-diagnosis.

2. 1 month, 17 days ago Nathaniel Hedrick

Thanks for helping out! Ok, so I switched to 2020 and deactivated all plugins except page builder and was able to get it back to working state! What’s next?

3. 1 month, 17 days ago Nathaniel Hedrick

Oh and if it helps, I was using “Highend” Theme

4. 1 month, 17 days ago Nathaniel Hedrick

Sorry, I’ve done some additional tweaking and I think the problem might rest with my theme. I re-activated other plugins and all seems to be working until I try to switch back to Highend. Might need to take the issue to them. Thank you so much for helping

5. 1 month, 17 days ago Andrew Misplon Hi, I Work Here

Hi Nathaniel, thanks for pressing on with this and keeping us updated. If your theme authors haven’t replied yet, you might try installing https://wordpress.org/plugins/enable-jquery-migrate-helper/. I think many issues might be arising as a result of WP 5.5 removing jQuery Migrate. Additionally, before installing jQuery Migrate you could check the console for errors. Here is how https://wordpress.org/support/article/using-your-browser-to-diagnose-javascript-errors/#step-3-diagnosis. If there are errors in red text that relate to your theme, perhaps take a screenshot to send to theme support.

6. 1 month, 17 days ago Nathaniel Hedrick

Thanks Andrew, Highend launched a fix this afternoon and all is well. Really appreciate your efforts!

7. 1 month, 17 days ago Andrew Misplon Hi, I Work Here

Awesome, that’s great to hear. All the best with your website. I’ll resolve this thread now but if any follow-up questions arise, please, let us know.

Cheers for now :)

Replies on this thread are closed. Please create a new thread if you have a question, or purchase a SiteOrigin Premium license if you need one-on-one email support.

Get The Most Out of SiteOrigin with SiteOrigin Premium

Find Out More