Home>Support>3 column page with background image(s) on the outer columns

3 column page with background image(s) on the outer columns

Hi there,

I’m trying to make a layout for one page, with three columns with Site Origin Page Builder. Here is what I want to try to make:

1st column 20% (image) | 2nd column 60% (content)| 3rd column 20% (image)

I have found how to change the size of the columns, which is great.

The middle (2nd column is where I want to put some content, like text, but also whitespace to make the page bigger in height)
The 1st and 3rd column I want to have a background image in, covering the entire column, without any content in it.

I want to know if it’s possible to do this in any way. Either with 1 background filling the entire page, but only showing in the 1st and 3rd column, like if those columns were transparent. Or to have two different images in the 1st and 3rd column.
Or if both options are possible that would even be better.

I want the background-image(s) to cover the entire space between the 2nd column, the header and the footer; there should not be any white space between them. So all three columns should touch the header and the footer (0% padding)

I hope this makes sense to anyone who reads this and is able to help me with this.
Many thanks in advance :)

This is a free community support forum. Replies are not guaranteed. If you need professional email support, please purchase a SiteOrigin Premium license.

1. 11 days, 12 hours ago Alex S Hi, I Work Here

Hi Sitepower,

Unfortunately, it’s only possible to give each of the columns individual backgrounds – they can’t carry over.

To apply a background to a cell, please open the row that contains the cells you wish to give the background to. Click the cell you wish to apply the background too (click the blue background, don’t click the sizing or you’ll enter resize mode). Head over to the Styles sidebar and scroll down to Cell # Styles and open the Design settings group. Set the Background Image as desired.

2. 10 days, 22 hours ago Sitepower

Hi Alex,

Thanks for your reply and a great theme. Too bad it’s not possible to carry over the background to different columns, but thanks for the addional info.

Replies on this thread are closed. Please create a new thread if you have a question, or purchase a SiteOrigin Premium license if you need one-on-one email support.

Get The Most Out of SiteOrigin with SiteOrigin Premium

Find Out More