Home>Support>“Your theme doesn’t have any post loops.”

“Your theme doesn’t have any post loops.”

I’m having a similar issue to this thread:

Post Loop Broken

The site I help out on mochimochiland.com, suddenly lost their posts loop on the How To page.

I’ve upgraded to the latest versions of PHP and WordPress hoping that would help and I’ve reached out to the theme’s maker, who said nothing about the theme had changed and it still supports posts loops.

I’m assuming it may be an and issue with the posts loop at this point, but I’m unsure how to debug this. Any help is appreciated!

This is our free support forum. Replies can take several days. If you need fast email support, please purchase a SiteOrigin Premium license.

1. 4 years, 9 months ago Andrew Misplon
    Hi, I Work Here

Hi Jenn

Please, try temporarily deactivating all non-SiteOrigin plugins. Does the issue resolve? If so, please, find the full troubleshooting steps below.

This sounds like it could be a plugin conflict issue. Can you try disabling all non-SiteOrigin plugins and see if this fixes the issue? You’ll need to clear all your caches after disabling your plugins.

If it does fix the issue, then try re-enabling your plugins one by one until the issue comes back. This procedure will help diagnose which plugin is causing the issue.

Once we know that, we’ll be able to look at what might be causing the conflict and either solve the problem or help you find an alternative plugin.

If you aren’t using a SiteOrigin theme, then you can also try temporarily switching to one of the default WordPress themes to see if the issue is theme related.

2. 4 years, 9 months ago Andrew Misplon
    Hi, I Work Here

Hi Jenn

The Post Loop widget looks for loop templates with the following file name pattern:

*-content.php
    content-*.php
    *-loop.php
    loop-*.php

Where * can be any string/name. The Post Loop widget only looks one folder deep in themes and plugins for these templates. For example /loops/loop-blog.php or /template-parts/content.php is fine. Nikkon is storing its template part files two folders deep which means the Post Loop widget can’t see them. I’ve rolled Page Builder back to a version from April this year and looked at the Nikkon folder structure going back to its launch, the situation appears the same no matter how far I rollback. Are you sure you didn’t previously have a different theme or a child theme or a plugin activated that provided loop templates?

3. 4 years, 7 months ago jenn

Hi Andrew,

I’m finally getting around to looking at this. I don’t think we had anything else installed – everything was working up until recently. I tried deactivating every plugin (first starting with non Site Origin ones then later including Site Origin’s) and now most of the pages are broken. :/ The How To page did not change at all.

I’m just a temporary developer on the project. I haven’t been actively working on it since mid 2017, so I suppose something could have changed at some point. When I was working on the project in 2017 and changed the theme to Nikkon, we didn’t have a child theme or loop template plugin that I’m aware of…

I’m unclear what’s happening here.

4. 4 years, 7 months ago jenn

Back again! You can ignore the message above.

I’m so confused how it’s possible that the SiteOrigin posts loop and Nikkon could possibly have worked together for over two years then suddenly stopped. We definitely didn’t have anything else providing post loop support because I haven’t touched anything since then and the How To page was only displaying a SiteOrigin posts loop.

I’ve temporarily changed it to the SiteOrigin posts carousel, and that works completely fine with Nikkon. I also noticed that the “single post” template from Nikkon is in the top level folder – shouldn’t that just work with the page builder in that case? (again very confused as a new wordpress developer)

Lastly, any chance SiteOrigin will update the page builder to search for nested template files? Either that or I guess I can see if Nikkon can update their theme to move template files one level up.

5. 4 years, 7 months ago jenn

LOL ok just completely ignore me. I duplicated the post content template file one folder up – I didn’t realize I could access the files/folder structure by just installing a plugin. :) WP File Manager to the rescue.

Thank you SO MUCH for all your help, Andrew :D <3

6. 4 years, 7 months ago Andrew Misplon
    Hi, I Work Here

Super, really glad to hear you’ve made progress. Thanks for keeping us updated :)

Replies on this thread are closed. Please create a new thread if you have a question, or purchase a SiteOrigin Premium license if you need one-on-one email support.

Get The Most Out of SiteOrigin with SiteOrigin Premium

Find Out More