Home>Support>www.journeysuganda.com is currently unable to handle this request. HTTP Error 500

www.journeysuganda.com is currently unable to handle this request. HTTP Error 500

I think as i was trying to edit the homepage template in the php, i termpered with some thing small and now the homepage is showing me that, i’m using the Vantage free theme. but iam always careful while in the php files, what could be the this????? below is the php code for the particular file,someone check it for me and see if there is anything wrong. All the other pages are showing properly

?>
<?php
if ( is_page() ) {
the_post();
the_content();
}
else if( function_exists('siteorigin_panels_render') ) echo siteorigin_panels_render('home');
else echo siteorigin_panels_lite_home_render();

This is our free support forum. Replies can take several days. If you need fast email support, please purchase a SiteOrigin Premium license.

1. 8 years, 4 months ago Andrew Misplon
    Hi, I Work Here

Hi Journeys Uganda

Sorry to hear about the hassle.

All WordPress themes completely overwrite their own folder during theme updates so ideally changes should only be made in a child theme. If you haven’t made any other changes to your theme then you could solve this issue by logging into your server and going to /wp-content/themes/ and deleting the vantage folder. That’ll allow you access to your site again. If you have made changes to Vantage in other places and can’t delete and reinstall the theme you can try this; download the original theme here: https://wordpress.org/themes/vantage/, locate the file you edited and replace it on your server at /wp-content/themes/vantage/

• 8 years, 4 months ago Journeys Uganda

Thank you so much. It has worked. I’m really humbled

2. 8 years, 4 months ago Andrew Misplon
    Hi, I Work Here

Awesome, really glad to hear you’ve managed to resolve the problem. All the best with your site.

Replies on this thread are closed. Please create a new thread if you have a question, or purchase a SiteOrigin Premium license if you need one-on-one email support.

Get The Most Out of SiteOrigin with SiteOrigin Premium

Find Out More