Home>Support>WP 5.6 compatibility problem with the page builder

WP 5.6 compatibility problem with the page builder

Hello,
I updated wp 5.5.3 to 5.6
My previous version of the builder page was 2.11.6 and for widgets 1.17.10. Once in WP 5.6 all my page builder contents are in a tinyEditor block and the page builder block is empty. So I can’t update my pages built with the page builder anymore.
Is it possible to copy and paste the text content into the page builer?
I can’t find any option in the page builder to do so.
I have updated the page builder and widget bundle to the latest wp5.6 compatible version and I have the same result.

This is our free support forum. Replies can take several days. If you need fast email support, please purchase a SiteOrigin Premium license.

1. 3 years, 8 months ago Alex S
    Hi, I Work Here

Hi Stéphane,

WordPress 5.6 is a major update that can result in incompatibility issues with older plugins due to the newer version of jQuery bundled with WordPress. Please ensure you’re using the newest versions of our plugins as we have released compatibility updates. You can check if there are any pending updates by opening your website and navigating to DashboardUpdates, then click Check Again.

Would you mind running a quick plugin conflict test? This isn’t to suggest you’re facing a plugin conflict, only that this test is a great way of identifying what plugin is doing what – in this case, what plugin isn’t compatible with WordPress 5.6.

You can start by disabling all non-SiteOrigin plugins and see if this fixes the issue. You’ll need to clear all your caches after disabling your plugins. So just to confirm, double-check if the issue is coming up while all other plugins are disabled.

If it does fix the issue, then try re-enabling your plugins one by one until the issue comes back. This procedure will help diagnose which plugin is causing the issue. Once we know that, we’ll be able to look at what might be causing the conflict and either solve the problem or help you find an alternative plugin.

You could also try temporarily switching to a default WordPress theme like Twenty Sixteen. Default WordPress themes are generally very lightweight which lowers the chance that they’ll conflict with plugins, so they’re a good way to test if your original theme is the source of the issue.

Kind regards,
    Alex

Replies on this thread are closed. Please create a new thread if you have a question, or purchase a SiteOrigin Premium license if you need one-on-one email support.

Get The Most Out of SiteOrigin with SiteOrigin Premium

Find Out More