Home>Support>WordPress 5.0 and Site Origin

WordPress 5.0 and Site Origin

I created a staging site for my WP Multisite which had Page Builder on it. When I upgraded the site to WP50, Gutenberg page editor would not show. If I disabled Page Builder, Gutenberg came back. I tried this on several sites in my multisite with the same results.

Creating a new post with Page Builder activated displays Visual/Text/PageBuilder options for editing. Disabling Page Builder defaults to Gutenberg.

How can I remedy this situation on my staging site(s) before updating to WP50 on the live site(s)?

Thanks, Jon

This is our free support forum. Replies can take several days. If you need fast email support, please purchase a SiteOrigin Premium license.

1. 5 years, 9 months ago Andrew Misplon
    Hi, I Work Here

Hi Jon

Thanks for reaching out.

If you head over to PagesAll Pages and click the drop-down arrow next to Add New, you can add a new Block Editor page.

We’ve been rapidly shipping updates the past few weeks, I’ll get our documentation updated and expanded ASAP. As questions arise, please let us know, we’d be happy to help. The SiteOrigin Layout and SiteOrigin Widget blocks are ready to go for your Block Editor pages.

If you aren’t using Page Builder for a post type like say Posts, you can disable Page Builder from SettingsPage BuilderGeneral: Post Types.

As questions arise, please let us know, we’ll do our best to assist.

2. 5 years, 9 months ago jdbarr

Thanks for the helpful advice. I understand there is a lot of work to do with the new WP50.

When I go to Settings > Page Builder > General > Post Types and check or uncheck the boxes, it does not affect whether or not I can add posts. The Add New down arrow does not show on posts.

Also, when pages is checked, the Add New down arrow does NOT show, but when it is unchecked, the arrow DOES show.

Finally, the block checkmark does not affect allowing Page Builder blocks, which I cannot do at all on a Gutenberg page.

‘Just thought you would want to know. If I have a wrong setting somewhere, please advise.

3. 5 years, 9 months ago Andrew Misplon
    Hi, I Work Here

Thanks for the feedback :) I’m sure we can help with these questions.

With Page Builder 2.9.6 activated and SettingsPage BuilderPost Types: Pages enabled, here is what you should see next to the Add New button on PagesAll Pages:

If you add a Block Editor page, here are the SiteOrigin blocks that you should have available to you:

To cover a few of your questions:

SettingsPage BuilderGeneral: Post Types won’t impact whether you can add posts. That setting enables or disables Page Builder for that post type.

The Add New button should appear when you go to PostsAll Posts. I can send a quick screenshot if that’ll help.

Also, when pages is checked, the Add New down arrow does NOT show, but when it is unchecked, the arrow DOES show.

I’m unfortunately not yet sure why you’d see this opposite behavior, we can login to your site and take a look if you’d like.

4. 5 years, 9 months ago Andrew Misplon
    Hi, I Work Here

Hi :) a quick update to let you know that Page Builder 2.9.7 adds a setting at SettingsPage Builder: Use Classic Editor for new posts which can be disabled. Hope that helps :) All the best.

Replies on this thread are closed. Please create a new thread if you have a question, or purchase a SiteOrigin Premium license if you need one-on-one email support.

Get The Most Out of SiteOrigin with SiteOrigin Premium

Find Out More