Home>Support>WordPress 4.5.3 – 2 issues

WordPress 4.5.3 – 2 issues

1. Issue with OriginEditor space.

If you try to edit with “TEXT” instead of “VISUAL” it will wipe any previous spacing.
I’ve tried this multiple times… edits with “VISUAL” no problem.
(A work around is to use the Visual Editor widget – but since i have 250 pages I would rather not port)

2. Does not play with Crayon Syntax Highlighter

It ignores the tag fully… would be a great to have.

This is our free support forum. Replies can take several days. If you need fast email support, please purchase a SiteOrigin Premium license.

1. 8 years, 2 months ago Alex S
    Hi, I Work Here

Hi Jean,

To clarify, neither of these are issues with 4.5.3.

1. Text widgets are only able to have spacing if they have the Automatically add paragraphs setting enabled, which is underneath the editor. We would not recommend writing full on articles via a text widget and would instead recommend a visual editor widget.

2. This is a known conflict. We’re logged this and we’re looking into it.

2. 8 years, 2 months ago Jean-Philippe Creedon

Hi Alex,

1. Despite having “Automatically add paragraph” the same problem persists. I do mean within the SiteOrigin Editor Text (HTML) vs Visual.

3. 8 years, 2 months ago Alex S
    Hi, I Work Here

Hi Jean,

Oh sorry, I thought you were talking about the text widget. Okay so the issue here is that the visual editor is very… well it’s picky / controlling. Simple things such as adding a

will get removed. Think of the visual editor as someone holding your handle while the text tab being alone.

Ideally, if you want to retain your spacing you should ideally have at least two returns or make use of paragraphs and line breaks.

4. 8 years, 2 months ago Jean-Philippe Creedon

Hi Alex,

The work around is to usual the Visual Editor widget which isn’t as finicky.
    Getting Crayon working properly though is a must have and any ideas on a time table?

Thanks,
    JP

5. 8 years, 2 months ago Alex S
    Hi, I Work Here

Hi Jean-Philippe,

I’m unable to provide an ETA at this time – sorry mate.

Replies on this thread are closed. Please create a new thread if you have a question, or purchase a SiteOrigin Premium license if you need one-on-one email support.

Get The Most Out of SiteOrigin with SiteOrigin Premium

Find Out More