Home>Support>White screen after Update SiteOrigin Widgets Bundle 1.44.2

White screen after Update SiteOrigin Widgets Bundle 1.44.2

—————————————————————
WP 5.8.6 (the latest version is not possible at the moment – plugins are not all compatible)
PHP 8.0
Today = Update SiteOrigin Widgets Bundle 1.44.0 to 1.44.2
—————————————————————

Hello Team,

after update SiteOrigin Widgets Bundle I can no edit the pages = white screen.

Already checked unsuccessfully:
– All plugins disabled = no change.
– PHP 8.1 = no change

What can be the reason?

Thanks for the support.
greeting
Dachs

This is our free support forum. Replies can take several days. If you need fast email support, please purchase a SiteOrigin Premium license.

1. 1 year, 9 months ago Andrew Misplon
    Hi, I Work Here

Hi Dachs

Thanks for letting us know about the issue. Can you set WP_DEBUG to true in your WordPress wp-config.php file?

Remember to set WP_DEBUG to false when we’re done if this is a live/production site.

https://wordpress.org/support/article/debugging-in-wordpress/

2. 1 year, 9 months ago Andrew Misplon
    Hi, I Work Here

Hi Dachs

Please, find a message from Alex with a beta release to try:

I suspect something (likely a plugin) on your website is loading the New Widget Area inside of the Block Editor. This isn’t something WordPress allows for, as they specifically warn developers about unexpected results. I’ve come up with a fix that will prevent usage of the new widget area code even if the code is present unless it’s actually inside of the new widget area. Please click here to download a patched version of SiteOrigin Widgets Bundle.

Before proceeding, do a backup.

Navigate to Plugins > Installed Plugins and deactivate the SiteOrigin Widgets Bundle plugin. Once deactivated, delete it. Scroll to the top of the page and click Add New, Upload Plugin, and upload so-widgets-bundle.1.44.3-beta.zip. When prompted, activate it. Is the editor now accessible?

If you’re able to give the beta release a try, please, let us know how you get on as we can’t currently recreate the issue.

Thanks

Andrew

3. 1 year, 9 months ago Dachs

Hello team,
    after updating to the latest version, everything works fine.
    Thank you for your quick and dedicated support.
    I am impressed!
    Best regards
    Dachs

4. 1 year, 9 months ago Andrew Misplon
    Hi, I Work Here

Hi Dachs

Thanks for your feedback and understanding; it’s most appreciated. I’m glad to hear the issue is resolved.

Please, don’t hesitate to get in touch if any queries or requests arise in the future.

Kind regards

Andrew

Replies on this thread are closed. Please create a new thread if you have a question, or purchase a SiteOrigin Premium license if you need one-on-one email support.

Get The Most Out of SiteOrigin with SiteOrigin Premium

Find Out More