Home>Support>What will happen when I upgrade to WordPress 5

What will happen when I upgrade to WordPress 5

By glan, 11 days ago. Last reply by Andrew Misplon, 11 days ago.

For sure I’m not the only one waiting to upgrade to WordPress 5 with the new Gutenberg editor.
What will happen to my sites that are build with SiteOrigin?

Can you provide a step by step upgrade guide, so my websites won’t break.

This is a free community support forum. Replies are not guaranteed. If you need professional email support, please purchase a SiteOrigin Premium license.

1. 11 days, 19 hours ago Andrew Misplon Hi, I Work Here

Hi glan

Thanks for posting.

You’re welcome to update now if you’d like. Pages built in Page Builder will remain in the Classic Editor.

To create new pages using Page Builder there are 2 options. You can either install the Classic Editor plugin, which will give you the classic interface with the standard Page Builder tab.

Alternatively, you can create a Gutenberg page and add a SiteOrigin Layout Block. This gives you all the functionality of Page Builder inside Gutenberg.

We’re working on a way of letting you get to the classic editor interface without the Classic Editor plugin. This will be available in the next update – hopefully within the next few days. Unfortunately, WordPress 5.0 moved its release date forward about a month so we weren’t able to get everything we wanted done in time.

Hope this helps :)

2. 11 days, 7 hours ago glan

Thank you Andrew, for your fast reply.

3. 11 days, 6 hours ago Andrew Misplon Hi, I Work Here

For sure :)

Page Builder has been updated so you can now create Classic Editor pages without the Classic Editor plugin, should you wish to do so. Here is how:

Please log in to post on our forums. Signing up is free.

Get The Most Out of SiteOrigin with SiteOrigin Premium

Find Out More