Home>Support>Visual editor not working with Page Builder

Visual editor not working with Page Builder

Building a page – using the page builder…

When I try to use the visual editor in page builder – I get NOTHING. I can put the visual editor widget into a row and click on the edit, but….

It’s as if it’s typing in white text and I don’t have ANY options for customizing ANYTHING. When I switch from the text tab to the the visual tab – I get nada.

HELP!

This is our free support forum. Replies can take several days. If you need fast email support, please purchase a SiteOrigin Premium license.

1. 9 years, 8 months ago Stefanie Nielsen

More info: I’m using WishListMember plugin – not sure if this interferes or not

2. 9 years, 7 months ago Andrew Misplon
    Hi, I Work Here

Hi Stefanie

A good place to start would be to temporarily de-activate all plugins except for Black Studio TinyMCE and Page Builder, then re-test. If the issue resolves, re-activate your plugins one by one, after each activation, check the problem.

3. 9 years, 7 months ago Stefanie Nielsen

If I temporarily deactivate my plug ins – will I lose the work i’ve done with them and have to re-do it??

4. 9 years, 7 months ago ThemeBuddies

No. You won’t lose the data. The information on the site will look messed up when you deactivate the plugin because it may use shortcodes to display data and that shortcode will not be available when the plugin is deactivated. The actual data will stay in the database and once you reactivate that plugin, the shortcodes and functionality will be picked back up. The settings should also stay. If you are nervous about it, deactivate one and see how it affects your site. then reactivate it to see what happens. If you do one at a time you can minimize any damage that may occur. You could also check to see if the plugin has a backup option to capture any settings that you have changed so that if the plugin does erase anything, you will be able to restore it from the backup.

5. 9 years, 7 months ago Andrew Misplon
    Hi, I Work Here

Thanks @ThemeBuddies, appreciate the effort here.

Replies on this thread are closed. Please create a new thread if you have a question, or purchase a SiteOrigin Premium license if you need one-on-one email support.

Get The Most Out of SiteOrigin with SiteOrigin Premium

Find Out More