Home>Support>Visual Editor not working

Visual Editor not working

Hi, I’m having a problem with a site I created for a client a few years back (http://greenfeedsltd.co.uk) – the visual editor seems to have stopped working. It’s the first time since May that they’ve tried to update the content, so I’m not sure at what point between now & they it stopped working.

WordPress/theme/plugins are all up to date. I’ve tried deleting all other plugins, leaving just SiteOrigin & this didn’t make a difference. Hopefully you’ll be able to help or offer some insight into what I can do to fix this.

Here’s a screenshot of the problem I’m having:

This is our free support forum. Replies can take several days. If you need fast email support, please purchase a SiteOrigin Premium license.

1. 6 years, 10 months ago Alex S
    Hi, I Work Here

Hi Stephen,

Is the visual editor enabled? You can check this by navigating to WP Admin > Users > Your Profile and ensure Visual Editor is unticked (ticking it will actually disable it).

2. 6 years, 10 months ago Stephen Wells

Hi Alex,

Thanks for getting back to me. Yes, the Visual Editor is unticked. I’ll try uploading the screenshot again:

screenshot

3. 6 years, 10 months ago Alex S
    Hi, I Work Here

Hi Stephen,

To confirm, does this issue occur if you temporarily change to a default WordPress theme?

Can you please view the Visual Editor once again. When it doesn’t display correctly, can you please send me the contents of your console? Please refer to this guide on how to access your browser console.

4. 6 years, 10 months ago Stephen Wells

Yes, I’ve tried sitting to a default theme & the problem is still there.

The following error messages are in the browser console:

SyntaxError: illegal character[Learn More] wp-tinymce.php:1
    ReferenceError: tinymce is not defined[Learn More] post.php:3572:1
    ReferenceError: tinyMCE is not defined[Learn More] wp-langs-en.js:235:2
    ReferenceError: tinymce is not defined[Learn More] post.php:3641:37
    TypeError: window.tinymce is undefined[Learn More] editor.min.js:1:7091

screenshot2

5. 6 years, 10 months ago Alex S
    Hi, I Work Here

Hi Stephen,

Would it be possible for you to create a temporary admin account for us so we can log in and take a look?

6. 6 years, 10 months ago Private Message - Alex S Hi, I Work Here

This is a private message.

7. 6 years, 10 months ago Stephen Wells

Hi Alex,

Thanks for your help with this – I’ve created the account for you.

8. 6 years, 10 months ago Alex S
    Hi, I Work Here

Hi Stephen,

Unfortunately, we haven’t received an email from your website yet. Can you please try recreating the account? Please note that you’ll receive an email when we receive an email.

9. 6 years, 10 months ago Stephen Wells

Not sure why that didn’t come through – the ‘Send the new user an email about their account.’ box was ticked. I’ve deleted it & re-created the account, hopefully this one works.

10. 6 years, 10 months ago Alex S
    Hi, I Work Here

Hi Stephen,

Unfortunately, I still haven’t received it for some reason. Can you please manually set a password and email it to Private Snippet (please also include a reference to this thread)? Sorry about this!

11. 6 years, 10 months ago Alex S
    Hi, I Work Here

Hi Stephen,

Thanks. I’ve run a few tests and I think something has gone wrong with your WordPress install. Please backup your website and navigate to WP AdminDashboardUpdates and click Re-install Now. If that doesn’t help, please disable CONCATENATE_SCRIPTS. This will require editing wp-config.php so if you’re unfamiliar with how to do that I would recommend getting in contact with your hosting provider for assistance.

12. 6 years, 10 months ago Stephen Wells

Hi Alex,

Editing the wp-config.php has done the trick!

Thanks for all of your help with this matter, it’s much appreciated.

Regards,
    Stephen

Replies on this thread are closed. Please create a new thread if you have a question, or purchase a SiteOrigin Premium license if you need one-on-one email support.

Get The Most Out of SiteOrigin with SiteOrigin Premium

Find Out More