Home>Support>Version 2.29.6 break shortcodes

Version 2.29.6 break shortcodes

Hello, shortcodes stop working after update to version 2.29.6. This happens on every site that use version 2.29.6 version even on clean WP install with default twentytwentyfour theme. Can you please check this issue?

Sincerely Martin

This is our free support forum. Replies can take several days. If you need fast email support, please purchase a SiteOrigin Premium license.

1. 6 months, 12 days ago Andrew Misplon
    Hi, I Work Here

Hi Martin

Thanks for getting in touch.

Have you upgraded the Widgets Bundle to 1.58.10?

2. 6 months, 12 days ago Martin Kováč

Yes I try it with Widgets Bundle plugin in version 1.58.10 and also without this plugin. In both cases shortcodes not working when 2.29.6 version is installed.

3. 6 months, 11 days ago Andrew Misplon
    Hi, I Work Here

Hi Martin, please send a link to the plugin powering the shortcode and an example of the shortcode. Thanks.

4. 6 months, 11 days ago Martin Kováč

I’m using clean install of WP with default theme and only SiuteOrigin plugin. I have this code inside functions.php:

add_shortcode('test', 'test_shortcode');
    function test_shortcode($atts, $content = null) {
      ob_start();
      echo 'TEST';
      return ob_get_clean();
    }

The results on the page is [test], instead of ‘TEST’

When I change to version from 2.29.6 back to 2.29.5 it works fine. Only latest version of the plugin breaks it.

5. 6 months, 11 days ago Andrew Misplon
    Hi, I Work Here

Thanks, please find a live version of the above shortcode here https://demo.siteorigin.com/corp/sandbox-2/. Which widget are you using to output the shortcode?

6. 6 months, 11 days ago Martin Kováč

I’m using Custom HTML widget.

7. 6 months, 11 days ago Andrew Misplon
    Hi, I Work Here

I’m unsure what the issue is. The second shortcode output here https://demo.siteorigin.com/corp/sandbox-2/ is the Custom HTML Widget. You can perhaps enable WP_DEBUG and WP_DEBUG_LOG to see if anything presents in the debug.log file that’s helpful.

Replies on this thread are closed. Please create a new thread if you have a question, or purchase a SiteOrigin Premium license if you need one-on-one email support.

Get The Most Out of SiteOrigin with SiteOrigin Premium

Find Out More