Home>Support>Vantage Premium with Windows 10

Vantage Premium with Windows 10

I have used a visual editor widget to display my company’s phone number in the top right of the page. It now displays as a link and asks if a user wants to swap apps between Microsoft Edge and Google Chrome.
This only started happening after windows upgraded from 8.1 to 10. Any ideas?
Thanks regards Mitch

URL: http://www.aonemetal.com.au

This is our free support forum. Replies can take several days. If you need fast email support, please purchase a SiteOrigin Premium license.

1. 9 years, 26 days ago Andrew Misplon
    Hi, I Work Here

Hey Mitch

Sorry to hear about the hassle, I’m sure we can get you fixed up. Is this happening when viewing your site in Chrome?

2. 9 years, 25 days ago Mitch

Hi Andrew

No it works fine in chrome, which is why I didn’t notice, I’m pretty sure it was ok under 8.1.

3. 9 years, 25 days ago Andrew Misplon
    Hi, I Work Here

I’m afraid we don’t have a Windows 10 machine around at the moment. Sorry about that. Could you try some testing for us. Try switching the content to a SiteOrigin Editor widget. Any change? Try switching it to a Text widget, any change?

If it works in a Text widget we could handle any the styling with CSS.

Finally, try removing the widget and adding the phone number to Appearance > Theme Settings > Logo > Header Text. If that works I can style that text to look like it looks now.

4. 9 years, 25 days ago Andrew Misplon
    Hi, I Work Here

Actually let’s try my last idea. I think it’ll work.

1. Appearance > Widgets > Header. Drag the widget there down to the bottom. There is an Inactive Widgets area. We can keep it there, content and all, just in case we need it later.

2. Appearance > Theme Settings > Logo > Header Text. Insert your text: Phone: 02 9599-4111

3. Appearance > Custom CSS. Paste the following:

/* Header */

header#masthead .hgroup .support-text {
        color: #333;
        font-size: 19px;
        font-style: normal;
    }

Let me know how this workaround idea goes :)

5. 9 years, 25 days ago Mitch

Hi Andrew

Thanks anyway, but, that did not make any difference, I have not yet had a chance to try your earlier suggestions, will try them now.

6. 9 years, 25 days ago Andrew Misplon
    Hi, I Work Here

The header text field is very different to the widget area so something else might be going on. Let me know how it goes.

7. 9 years, 25 days ago Mitch

Will do thanks J

8. 9 years, 25 days ago Mitch

HI Andrew

I tried all the suggestions, but none worked.

Just to clarify the word Phone: is not underlined, it’s only the actual phone number, (02 9599-4111) if that helps.

As we didn’t use windows 8 or 8.1 I can’t say for sure whether it happened on windows 8 browser.

9. 9 years, 25 days ago Andrew Misplon
    Hi, I Work Here

Could you perhaps take a screenshot of what’s happening? Upload the screenshot to Media > Add New and send us the link so we can check things out. Once the image is in the Media Library copy the URL from the right column metabox. Thanks :)

10. 9 years, 24 days ago Mitch

Dear Andrew

Please note the screenshot as requested, it is saved in a docx format.

I believe that the issue may have also shown up on Internet Explorer version 10, under windows 8.1

http://www.aonemetal.com.au/wp-content/uploads/2015/09/screenshot-of-home-page.docx

11. 9 years, 24 days ago Andrew Misplon
    Hi, I Work Here

Normally on phone ready devices the number link just asks you if you want to make a call.

Let’s try a long shot:

1. Install the following plugin: https://wordpress.org/plugins/insert-headers-and-footers/.
    2. Go to Settings/Insert Headers and Footers and insert into the header:

<meta name="format-detection" content="telephone=no"/>

Does this help?

12. 9 years, 24 days ago Mitch

Hi Andrew

That did the trick, all fine now, thank-you.

13. 9 years, 24 days ago Andrew Misplon
    Hi, I Work Here

Awesome :) Really glad to hear that did the trick.

Let us know if anything else comes up.

All the best :)

Replies on this thread are closed. Please create a new thread if you have a question, or purchase a SiteOrigin Premium license if you need one-on-one email support.

Get The Most Out of SiteOrigin with SiteOrigin Premium

Find Out More