Home>Support>Vantage Premium Theme – 508

Vantage Premium Theme – 508

Does the Vantage Premium Theme have a 508 compliant version of it? One that uses doesn’t multiple elements with the same id attribute:

This is our free support forum. Replies can take several days. If you need fast email support, please purchase a SiteOrigin Premium license.

1. 7 years, 5 months ago Alex S
    Hi, I Work Here

Hi James00,

That’s odd – I just had a look over the source and I can’t seem to find any instances where we repeat an id. Do you have a public URL where we can take a look at what’s going on?

2. 7 years, 5 months ago Private Message - Alex S Hi, I Work Here

This is a private message.

3. 7 years, 5 months ago James00

https://www.stopso.com/contract-vehicles/pacts-ii/

We use the Vantage Premium Theme. If you run a 508 Accessibility Checker,
    it says that the document has multiple elements with the same Id attribute

[image: cid:[email protected]]

Fabian

4. 7 years, 5 months ago Alex S
    Hi, I Work Here

Hi James,

Do you have a recommended 508 Accessibility Checker?

Please note that we’re, unfortunately, unable to process email attachments at this time. You’ll need to upload your image to a third party image hosting site like vgy.me or imgur.

5. 7 years, 5 months ago James00

Please disregard any attachments. It is just from an email signature. I have been using Deque Systems aXe chrome extension. Are you saying on another 508 compliance checker you see no errors?

Fabian

6. 7 years, 5 months ago Alex S
    Hi, I Work Here

Hi James,

No. I wanted to use the same, or a similar tool to ensure we’re seeing the same results. Although, oddly, I’m not. To clarify, I’ve installed the Deque Systems aXe Chrome extension and it’s passing for me. Am I missing something further or a specific setting in the extension?

7. 7 years, 5 months ago James00

That is odd. No, I have not done anything additional settings or modifications

Fabian

8. 7 years, 5 months ago Alex S
    Hi, I Work Here

Hi James,

Would it be possible for you to send me a screenshot of the report generated by the plugin? Hm. Does this issue occur when logged out?

9. 7 years, 5 months ago James00

If I press analyze two times, it pops up with the violation of “id attribute value must be unique”

Fabian

10. 7 years, 5 months ago James00

Also I am trying another 508 compliance (http://wave.webaim.org) which is complaining about the social media links at the bottom left of the page open new tabs when clicked. How would I be able to add an aria-label to solve this issue?

Fabian

11. 7 years, 5 months ago Alex S
    Hi, I Work Here

Hi James,

Ah. I see what you’re talking about now. You can safely ignore that – it’s an issue with the checker itself as it’s flagging CSS (which it shouldn’t be doing).

I can’t seem to find where it outlines those as issues. Regardless, can you please link me to the reference link it provides so I can get an idea of what it needs.

12. 7 years, 5 months ago James00

Thank you for your support. So I am now testing 508 compliance on another website. (http://wave.webaim.org) This shows 2 Errors. One is a missing form label on the search bar and another says it is empty link for the back to top button. Is there anything that can be done for those?

Fabian James

13. 7 years, 5 months ago James00

Hello Alex or to Whom it May Concern,

I would still need assistance on how to turn off the Back to Top button and how to provide a label for the search function on our webpage. Thanks

Fabian James

14. 7 years, 5 months ago Alex S
    Hi, I Work Here

Hi James,

Unfortunately, this isn’t possible without some custom coding at this time as there’s no way to directly edit those. I’ve marked those as a feature request for the next update. I’m sorry I can’t personally provide a solution at this time.

Replies on this thread are closed. Please create a new thread if you have a question, or purchase a SiteOrigin Premium license if you need one-on-one email support.

Get The Most Out of SiteOrigin with SiteOrigin Premium

Find Out More