Home>Support>Vantage: 1.5.8 not showing correctly on mobile MS Edge Browser

Vantage: 1.5.8 not showing correctly on mobile MS Edge Browser

By 1234me, 7 years ago. Last reply by 1234me, 7 years ago.

On a small MS Lumia 550 and using Edge browser, the text parts of my website are massive. Using the same MS Lumia 550 but with Opera browser the website including texts are showing correctly. Everything is also okay when using Edge browser on Computer. The website is also okay using a 5.5 screen Android mobile with Firefox browser (have no Edge browser on this).

the problem seems to be with the Edge Browser on mobile?

This is our free support forum. Replies can take several days. If you need fast email support, please purchase a SiteOrigin Premium license.

1. 7 years, 6 months ago Alex S
    Hi, I Work Here

Hi 1234me

Unfortunately, this isn’t something we can really test for as none of us (from memory) have a Microsoft Smartphone, I can, however, try and replicate this with some of the Windows Device Emulation tools. Do you have a public URL where we can take a look at what’s going on?

2. 7 years, 6 months ago 1234me

Hi Alex S,

thanks for answering.

I am not sure that it is the Microsoft Smartphone? I think it is more a problem with the website working on Edge Browser (only on Microsoft Smartphone/or – small – Smartphones???).

as I said: website works on Desktop W10 Edge Browser
    also: website works on the Microsoft Smartphone (Lumia 550) using Opera Browser
    but: not using the Edge Browser on the Smartphone (Texts are showing really massive)

website is: https://www.onlythelonely.de/

thanks

3. 7 years, 6 months ago Alex S
    Hi, I Work Here

Hi 1234me,

Okay so I have an emulator up and running (it’s the official Microsoft one). I can’t seem to see any noticeably large text. Can you please send me a screenshot of what you’re seeing? Please note that we’re currently not able to process image attachments, so you’ll need to upload the image to a third party image hosting site like Site vgy.me or imgur.

4. 7 years, 6 months ago 1234me

https://vgy.me/a/Mbj9Sre5

my website is linking to many YouTube Videos causing serious loading difficulties (slow/long) on small/weak mobile like this one – I do not know if this is the problem? (if so I cannot change it because the links are very important.)

and many thanks for your time and troubles

5. 7 years, 6 months ago 1234me

https://vgy.me/a/NNyWK377

just remembered that with the same mobile phone – but using Opera Browser – the text/website is showing just fine – and loading much faster. (this link is to the opera shots of approx. same texts)

6. 7 years, 6 months ago Alex S
    Hi, I Work Here

Hi 1234me,

That’s sadly unavoidable. Videos are… well, they’re not easy to load and can take a lot of memory so I would try and limit the number of videos you add per page and if not possible, divide them up over multiple pages rather than one long extended page.

Okay, that’s odd. Hm. Do you zoom enabled? Sorry if this might sound silly but I’m sort of at a loss as to why this is happening for you and not me.

7. 7 years, 5 months ago 1234me

Hi Alex S

Sorry for the late reply, have been away.

No I don’t use zoom!

And the website works fine on the opera browser with same mobile – and I have just tried both browsers:

Opera: loads okay and texts show normal
    Edge: texts show massive – then get notice it can’t load the site (but in Opera text after this no problem at all!)

In settings for Edge I selected small text = texts were still massive!

Yes I realise that all the linking to YouTube videos causes some loading difficulties – but I cannot change this because the videos are essential to the whole website concept. And I just tried loading the website on my larger Android mobile with Firefox and there were no problems at all = loading/texts.

so whatever the problem is, then it has to do with mobile Edge (+ small mobile???)

but I don’t want to stay stuck on this problem – so let us just forget this

thanks a lot for the time and help

I would also like to add my extremely sincere thanks and gratitude to you/SiteOrigin for even allowing me the opportunity to have a website like this. I cannot thank you enough. You certainly deserve that people pay the Premium – and I truly wish I could too – but I live on a minimal income and even having this website at all is a great luxury – but the contents are something I genuinely believe in, and think are important in helping (certain) people, so that is why I use some of that minimal income for this, so please forgive me. A truly really great website Theme and system! Thank you ever so much!

Replies on this thread are closed. Please create a new thread if you have a question, or purchase a SiteOrigin Premium license if you need one-on-one email support.

Get The Most Out of SiteOrigin with SiteOrigin Premium

Find Out More