Home>Support>Upgrading from 2.4.4 to 2.6

Upgrading from 2.4.4 to 2.6

By DankBuds, 7 years ago. Last reply by Alex S, 7 years ago.

It looks like the layout of the theme has changed since I first uploaded it to my project. I’m running a child theme on top of vantage 2.4.4 and was wondering if there would be any issues if I tried to upgrade.

This is our free support forum. Replies can take several days. If you need fast email support, please purchase a SiteOrigin Premium license.

1. 7 years, 24 days ago Alex S
    Hi, I Work Here

Hi DankBuds

How painless the update really depends on the changes you’ve made through the child theme (large template edits? Will require manually updating the template. Adding basic CSS to the child theme CSS? You should be fine). Unfortunately, there’s no real way of me to know if any of the changes you made (without looking at the code) will cause you issues. Your best bet would be to update and see how you go. Just be sure to do a backup.

By the way, as you’re a premium user, you’re entitled to priority email support. If you would like to make use of that, please follow the instructions found on your Page: Dashboard (please refer to the support tab). Please reference this thread and include your SiteOrigin order key in the email.

2. 7 years, 24 days ago DankBuds

If I zipped up my child theme and sent it to you would you be able to tell if it would work?

3. 7 years, 24 days ago Alex S
    Hi, I Work Here

Hi DankBuds,

Due to your premium status, I can definitely take a look, but please understand that we can’t really resolve any of the issues we find. I’ll definitely provide feedback though!

Please send it to Private Snippet.

4. 7 years, 24 days ago DankBuds

It won't let me send through gmail, its blocked for security reasons.

5. 7 years, 23 days ago Alex S
    Hi, I Work Here

Hi DankBuds,

Can you please upload it to a third party file like Google Drive, Drop Box or upload.teknik.io and send me a link?

Based on the file being rejected, I suspect you may have a few JavaScript files in the archive. Annoying, Google will reject JavaScript files and any archives that contain them.

Replies on this thread are closed. Please create a new thread if you have a question, or purchase a SiteOrigin Premium license if you need one-on-one email support.

Get The Most Out of SiteOrigin with SiteOrigin Premium

Find Out More