Home>Support>Upgrade to WordPress 4.7.2 “disables” pagebuilder

Upgrade to WordPress 4.7.2 “disables” pagebuilder

Not officially, as the plugin is indicated to be active, but the plugin does not appear at all when I go to edit pages. I’m using Version 10.2.1.5. Thank you.

This is our free support forum. Replies can take several days. If you need fast email support, please purchase a SiteOrigin Premium license.

1. 7 years, 7 months ago Alex S
    Hi, I Work Here

Hi Radrave,

Can you please clarify the name of your theme? I ask as the latest version of SiteOrigin Page Builder is actually 2.4.24. I distinctly remember that there was a time when a popular third party theme included a forked (a version based on our code but not developed by us) version of SiteOrigin Page Builder but shortly after the WordPress 4.5 update (which is when SiteOrigin Page Builder required a compatibility patch) switched back to the main version fo the plugin.

Do you happen to have any pending theme updates or anything like that?

2. 7 years, 7 months ago radrave

Yes, it’s Create by ThemeTrust. I do remember a time — more than a year ago, when themetrust put out some kind of update. I followed their instructions and it destroyed my site, so I had my provider restore the site to a previous version. Pagebuilder has continued working on other WP updates, though, until this one.

3. 7 years, 7 months ago Alex S
    Hi, I Work Here

Hi Radrave,

I’m unsure why it suddenly stopped working but it’s sadly been a long time coming as every version of SiteOrigin Page Builder before 2.3.2 isn’t compatible with WordPress 4.5 – the version you’re using is based on 2.1.5.

Can you please clarify how it destroyed your site? That should hopefully give me an idea as to why it didn’t go well.

4. 7 years, 7 months ago radrave

I’ve resolved the issue by installing an update the to theme, and then deleting and reinstalling the latest versions of pagebuilder / widgets. Thank you for your assistance. Much appreciated.

Replies on this thread are closed. Please create a new thread if you have a question, or purchase a SiteOrigin Premium license if you need one-on-one email support.

Get The Most Out of SiteOrigin with SiteOrigin Premium

Find Out More