Home>Support>Updating old page builder v after installing WP 5.0.2

Updating old page builder v after installing WP 5.0.2

Hello–

I need to catch up, as I was caught unawares!

I now understand why as I upgraded to 5.0.2 that by page builder no longer appears. I was shocked briefly, but now I get it.

So, I now understand by reading that I can create a NEW page when upgrading page builder in the new WP environment, but how must I proceed to upgrade site builder so I can continue to edit current drafts built with the page builder (free version)?

All I see at the moment is short code (apologies, I haven’t tried to upgrade yet, I’m just trying do the right procedure. I was off the planet briefly and have v2.6.3).

Thanks much,
Steve

This is our free support forum. Replies can take several days. If you need fast email support, please purchase a SiteOrigin Premium license.

1. 5 years, 9 months ago Andrew Misplon
    Hi, I Work Here

Hi Steve

Sorry to hear about the hassle. Existing pages should appear in the Classic Editor interface without the need to install the Classic Editor interface. If that isn’t happening, please could you check if there are pending updates for Page Builder and the Widgets Bundle at DashboardUpdates and if so, run the updates. If everything is up to date, please try a plugin conflict test, temporarily deactivate all non-SiteOrigin plugins and then edit an old/existing page. Is the interface now normal (classic)?

(You can also install the Classic Editor plugin and stay with that as your main editor, should you wish.)

2. 5 years, 9 months ago solidwalnut

Thanks so much for replying, Andrew.

I will take your suggestions, thanks. But, I have no pending updates for Page Builder. Is this because it’s the free version? What’s the best procedure to install the most up-to-date free version while the earlier version exists?

If all else fails, I’ll get the Classic Editor plugin.

Thank-you,
    Steve

3. 5 years, 9 months ago Andrew Misplon
    Hi, I Work Here

If you go to Plugins, you can check your Page Builder version number. The current version is: 2.9.7. https://wordpress.org/plugins/siteorigin-panels/

Please, try the plugin conflict test I mentioned above and or the Classic Editor route. Thanks.

Replies on this thread are closed. Please create a new thread if you have a question, or purchase a SiteOrigin Premium license if you need one-on-one email support.

Get The Most Out of SiteOrigin with SiteOrigin Premium

Find Out More