Home>Support>updating goes to 404 page
  1. 8 years, 6 months ago Andrew Misplon
    Hi, I Work Here

Hi Paolo

Thanks for reaching out and sorry to hear about the hassle.

The first possible fix is to proceed to SettingsPermalinks and click the Save button. That’ll rewrite your site’s .htaccess file and can sometimes resolve 404 errors.

Give that a try and let us know how it goes. Further possible steps to resolution are listed here:

http://www.wpbeginner.com/wp-tutorials/how-to-fix-wordpress-posts-returning-404-error/

2. 8 years, 6 months ago Paolo Gallardo

Hi Andrew,

I already changed the permalink to the one that uses the ID but still no avail.

I noticed that when ever I change something in the attribute of the widget like the layout, font color, background etc, it goes to 404 page with URL of wp-admin/post.php.

Not only that, I noticed that the content that were saved is not complete. It ends with an

nbsp;

I did something kinda like a remedy to this but it won’t be possible as a solution when I make this site live.

I also tried increasing the memory of WP to 64m using

define('WP_MEMORY_LIMIT', '64M');

Another is that I tried disabling all other plugins and changed my theme to twentyfifteen, sixteen, and twelve, Sometimes it saves but most of the time it doesn’t.

3. 8 years, 6 months ago Andrew Misplon
    Hi, I Work Here

Thanks for your feedback.

Please, try saving your permalink settings just once more. All you need to do to rewrite your .htaccess file is click Save, you don’t need to change your permalink option.

Next, try installing: https://wordpress.org/plugins/server-ip-memory-usage/. Once installed, check the footer of the WordPress admin and let us know your memory usage is.

4. 8 years, 6 months ago Paolo Gallardo

Andrew,

I saved my permalink again. Still, the problem exists.

here’s my memory usage based on the plugin that you suggested

Memory: 25.34 of 128 MB (20%) | WP LIMIT: 64 MB

I also put a some dummy text to check but it updates and saves the page properly.

Then I tested with a working contact form 7 shortcode but this time using the editor and it saves.

I edited the row background and layout then, it doesn’t save anymore. I tried removing the widget with the contact form 7 shortcode as content then edited the font and background of a text widget I put and changed again the row layout to stretched, it doesn’t save anymore.

5. 8 years, 6 months ago Andrew Misplon
    Hi, I Work Here

Hi Paolo

Would it be possible for you to create a temporary admin account for us so we can log in and take a look? You can create the account with the following email address:

[email protected]

Just navigate to UsersAdd New in your WordPress admin. Enter siteorigin for the username and [email protected] for the email address. Make sure you’ve selected Administrator for the role and enabled the Send Password field so we receive the details.

Once we’re finished taking a look, you can delete this account. We’ll let you know when to do that.

6. 8 years, 6 months ago Private Message - WordPress

This is a private message.

7. 8 years, 6 months ago Private Message - Andrew Misplon Hi, I Work Here

This is a private message.

8. 8 years, 6 months ago Andrew Misplon
    Hi, I Work Here

Thanks for the info.

I’ve created a test page here: Private Snippet made some changes and saved. I haven’t yet been able to recreate the issue. Is it still occurring for you?

9. 8 years, 6 months ago Paolo Gallardo

Unfortunately, yes.

I attached a gif so that you can see what happened.

chrissoftware

Really appreciate this help andrew.

10. 8 years, 6 months ago Paolo Gallardo

Here’s a video

11. 8 years, 6 months ago Andrew Misplon
    Hi, I Work Here

There are some layout challenges with our test page now but I am able to add the form without going to 404.

12. 8 years, 6 months ago Paolo Gallardo

this means it’s not about the problem then.

Thanks Andrew for this one.

13. 8 years, 6 months ago Andrew Misplon
    Hi, I Work Here

Ideas from our side would be to:

Clear browser cache.
    Try another browser.
    Try logging in from the account you created for us.

Hopefully, you’re able to find the cause of the problem.

14. 8 years, 6 months ago Paolo Gallardo

Thanks Andrew for those tips. I’ll check on this more :D

15. 8 years, 6 months ago Andrew Misplon
    Hi, I Work Here

For sure. Let us know how it goes.

16. 8 years, 6 months ago Paolo Gallardo

Will do, Andrew.

Replies on this thread are closed. Please create a new thread if you have a question, or purchase a SiteOrigin Premium license if you need one-on-one email support.

Get The Most Out of SiteOrigin with SiteOrigin Premium

Find Out More