Home>Support>Update to WP 5.3.2 removed Page Builder function from existing Pages

Update to WP 5.3.2 removed Page Builder function from existing Pages

Just updated WordPress to version 5.3.2, and then the Page Builder function stopped showing up in the Page edit of existing Pages. However, if I create a New Page, the Page Builder functionality shows up!

As it seems, all built Pages using Page Builder BEFORE the update to 5.3.2 only open up for Editing in the Classic Editor view, and no amount of selecting/deselecting options in the Preferences for Page Builder seem to help. Now does deactivating/reactivating the Page Builder plug-in.

Any quick fix for this? Thanks.

This is our free support forum. Replies can take several days. If you need fast email support, please purchase a SiteOrigin Premium license.

1. 4 years, 8 months ago Andrew Misplon
    Hi, I Work Here

Hi Sbarich

Please, take a screenshot of the issue, upload to imgur.com or a similar site and send us the link. Thanks.

2. 4 years, 8 months ago Sbarich

Will do. Thanks.

3. 4 years, 8 months ago Sbarich

Hello Andrew,
    Thank you for the response.  Here are the links (one older page that shows no Page Builder, and one new Page test after the update, where
    Page Builder features show up):

Private Snippet
    Private Snippet

Let me know if there is more I can do to help.

-SB

4. 4 years, 8 months ago Andrew Misplon
    Hi, I Work Here

Thanks for the screenshots.

For the first screenshot, please, run a plugin conflict test. Temporarily deactivate all plugins not authored by SiteOrigin, is the Page Builder tab restored?

The second screenshot is the WordPress Block Edtior. From PagesAdd New you can click the drop-down arrow next to the Add New button and choose between adding a Page Builder Page (Classic Editor) or a Block Editor page. If you create a Page Builder page and no Page Builder data is added before the page is first saved, it’ll rever to the Block Editor. If you’d prefer to work in the Classic Editor then installing the Classic Editor plugin is the easiest solution.

5. 4 years, 8 months ago Sbarich

Hello,
    I started working on your suggestions, and then accidentally did something that fixed the problem.

Here is a screenshot illustration: Private Snippet

The problem I was having with old posts was that the Page Builder box was empty when editing the Page/Post (I’ve circle highlighted the empty box). So, as I was attempting to drag up the Page Builder box to the top of the editing of a Page, I accidentally dropped what I was dragging onto the “visual” area of the Page, then Voila!, the Page Builder items or “builder” snapped back…and it came back for ALL Pages, old or new: Private Snippet.

Strange. I can only assume that after the WordPress 5.3.2 update, somehow Page Builder was “placed” into a separate box below the area for editing (visual/text), and only after this drag-and-drop mistake, it fixed itself. Didn’t know one could somehow separate the Page Builder layout from the Standard Visual Editor like this, but…pleased it is now working!

6. 4 years, 8 months ago Andrew Misplon
    Hi, I Work Here

I’m really glad to hear you’re making progress, thanks for the update.

(The Page Builder tab can fail to load if there is a JavaScript error on the page produced by another plugin or the theme. Temporarily deactivating all plugins not authored by SiteOrigin and then checking the issue is a quick way to test for a working baseline. Alternatively, if you wanted to go another route, you could open the browser console and look for errors there, here is how https://wordpress.org/support/article/using-your-browser-to-diagnose-javascript-errors/#step-3-diagnosis.)

Replies on this thread are closed. Please create a new thread if you have a question, or purchase a SiteOrigin Premium license if you need one-on-one email support.

Get The Most Out of SiteOrigin with SiteOrigin Premium

Find Out More