Home>Support>Update to 2.3.1, sticky menu breaks and freezes page

Update to 2.3.1, sticky menu breaks and freezes page

Hello,

I currently have Vantage Premium installed, version 2.2.3.
I updated to 2.3.1 today, and found that when I scroll down, the sticky menu is stuck at the top as it should, but when I scroll back up all the way to the top…

1) The menu duplicates itself (One stuck at the top of the screen, one where it should be, then another stacked on top of it)

2) It freezes my page (When it does, I cannot touch anything on the page. I cannot highlight text, I cannot click links. I cannot scroll. The curser does not change when hovering over links either. Sometimes it takes a few seconds to freeze, and when I try to click on a link or leave the page, the loading time spikes, and then it freezes.)

This occurs with all the pages.

I would like to send you a link of my page when it’s doing this, but I have a customer visiting now, so I unfortunately I cannot show it “live”. I reverted the theme back to version 2.3.1 from my backup.

I did take a screen shot though, so I will link it here:
http://softservo.com/wp-content/uploads/2015/02/DuplicateSticky.jpg

Please let me know if there’s any information you need from me, or if you would like me to update to the 2.3.1 tomorrow.
I checked the forums but I was not able to locate another thread with a similar issue.

Thank you very much in advance!

Also, thank you for the great theme!

-Yuki K.

This is our free support forum. Replies can take several days. If you need fast email support, please purchase a SiteOrigin Premium license.

1. 9 years, 7 months ago Greg Priday
    Hi, I Work Here

Hi Yuki_K,

From the sounds of things, this could be a plugin conflict issue. Can you try disabling all non-SiteOrigin plugins and see if this fixes the issue. If it does, you can reenable your plugins one by one until the issue comes back. This will help you diagnose which plugin is causing the issue.

If you have a public URL with the issue that I can take a look at, I can try diagnose it from there.

2. 9 years, 7 months ago Yuki_K

Hello Greg,

Thank you for the reply.
    I tried updating the theme today to go through the plugins, but when I tried to update, I got:
    “The package could not be installed. The package contains no files.”

I guess I should try a manual download? Where can I download the .zip files for the v2.3.1?

Thank you,
    -Yuki K.

3. 9 years, 7 months ago Andrew Misplon
    Hi, I Work Here

Hi Yuki_K

Thanks for the wait. Perhaps try updating again today. I’ll email you the ZIP file now in case that doesn’t work.

4. 9 years, 7 months ago Andrew Misplon
    Hi, I Work Here

Sent :) Let me know here if you need any further help.

5. 9 years, 7 months ago Yuki_K

Hello Andrew,

Thank you for the .zip. So I did as Greg suggested, and yes it was a plugin issue!

The plugin that was causing the issue was W3 Total Cache.
    Not sure how the cache plugin caused this issue but… that was it.

I actually tried updating to the v2.3.1 with the W3 Total Cache, and disabled the sticky menu option.
    Seems to be working fine now. :)

So I think I will leave the sticky menu disabled for now, but do you think I should change the Cache plugin to something else? Has there been an issue similar to this in the past?

Let me know if you need any information.
    I can enable the sticky menu option if you would like to see what’s going on, just let me know.
    My site is: http://softservo.com/
    (The sticky menu is disabled at the moment)

Thank you,
    -Yuki_K.

6. 9 years, 7 months ago Andrew Misplon
    Hi, I Work Here

Really glad to hear you made progress here. W3 Total Cache tries to handle a lot (depending on how you set it up), as a result we do see problems from time to time. Perhaps try:

https://wordpress.org/plugins/wp-fastest-cache/

It’s a simpler plugin but gets the job done.

7. 9 years, 7 months ago Yuki_K

Hello Andrew,

Thanks! Okay, that’s good to know.
    I’ll definitely check out the WP Fastest Cache.

Thank you so much for your help!

-Yuki_K.

8. 9 years, 7 months ago Andrew Misplon
    Hi, I Work Here

For sure :)

All the best with your project.

Replies on this thread are closed. Please create a new thread if you have a question, or purchase a SiteOrigin Premium license if you need one-on-one email support.

Get The Most Out of SiteOrigin with SiteOrigin Premium

Find Out More