Home>Support>Update 2.5.6 adding in breaks when using shortcodes – breaking shortcodes

Update 2.5.6 adding in breaks when using shortcodes – breaking shortcodes

Good afternoon –

Previously I was using the text widget to insert a shortcode of a calendar at the bottom of the page. For example: http://promo.ticketweb.com/venue/agora-ballroom-and-theater/

I’ve updated one of my sites to pagebuilder 2.5.6.

Now I insert the same shortcode for the event calendar plugin into the updated page (test url below). The plugin is adding paragraphs in the new version, whether or not I include the around the shortcode.

The additional spaces (with the updated version) break the calendar. Just the calendar is included on this page (separate site with the upgrade): http://promo.ticketweb.ca/test/

I am inserting this code in the text side vs the visual side. the site that works is on 2.5.4.

The TicketWeb plugin was compatible with previous versions and displayed exactly what was expected.

Is there another way to include shortcodes?

Rachel

This is our free support forum. Replies can take several days. If you need fast email support, please purchase a SiteOrigin Premium license.

1. 7 years, 3 months ago rachelminion

As an FYI – if I don’t utilize pagebuilder, the shortcode works fine in the HTML section.

2. 7 years, 3 months ago Alex S
    Hi, I Work Here

Hi Rachel,

Unfortunately, this issue is as a result of WordPress 4.8. In WordPress 4.8, WordPress updated the text widget to use a very basic TinyMCE editor. This is fine but it they also removed the Automatically add Paragraphs checkbox which prevented this issue. By the looks of it, WordPress is looking at introducing a new HTML widget to make up for this setting.

I would recommend switching to the SiteOrigin Editor widget to add the shortcode. Our widget includes the Automatically add Paragraph setting which will prevent this issue from occurring.

Replies on this thread are closed. Please create a new thread if you have a question, or purchase a SiteOrigin Premium license if you need one-on-one email support.

Get The Most Out of SiteOrigin with SiteOrigin Premium

Find Out More