Home>Support>Theme Unwind and 403 message

Theme Unwind and 403 message

I have just started building a site with unwind. I keep getting error 403 messages Id say every 30 mins of working. When I deactivate themes I am able to get back into my wordpress site. Any thoughts?

Thank You!

This is our free support forum. Replies can take several days. If you need fast email support, please purchase a SiteOrigin Premium license.

1. 7 years, 8 months ago Andrew Misplon
    Hi, I Work Here

Hi :)

Sorry to hear about the hassle. Have you made any progress since posting? Security plugins are the most common cause of 403 errors. If you’re still working through this problem, the following guide might be helpful: http://www.wpbeginner.com/wp-tutorials/how-to-fix-the-403-forbidden-error-in-wordpress/

2. 7 years, 8 months ago leadville

Hi Andrew,

I am still having a conflict that I can’t get to the bottom of.
    I deactivated jetpack and that seemed to fix the problem. However now Im getting the same 403 error message. Do you think Unwind is the problem? I used site origins plug ins in my last web site and did not have this issue. However I was not using a site origins theme.
    Im going to uninstall the theme and experiment with another developers theme to see if that resolves the problem.

I have a question. If I install SO widgets bundle is page builder a part of that or separate? is this the correct way the plugs in panel should look?
    I REALLY want to us SO! But I need to get rid of this conflict before building my site. ANY help is appreciated.

Thank you so much for your help kim

3. 7 years, 8 months ago Andrew Misplon
    Hi, I Work Here

Hi, no, it’s unlikely that Unwind is causing this problems. We haven’t had any other reports of this nature. Did you perhaps get a chance to check out the tutorial I linked to above? There are a few possible reasons. Another is corrupt htaccess file. You can fix that by going to SettingsPermalinks and clicking Save.

The Widgets Bundle is a completely separate plugin to Page Builder, you’re welcome to use them on their own.

Hope that helps.

4. 7 years, 8 months ago leadville

Hi Andrew,
    Thank so much for all the help…
    I had read all the 403 info that you referenced before reaching out to you. I had also deleted the possibly corrupt htaccess file. I would be able to get the site back up and running again but it would then go down again.
    I haven’t made any progress resolving the issue. I decided to take down the entire site and do a fresh reinstall. Unfortunately I haven’t been able to get the site back up yet, however as soon as I do Im going to try once again. I had great success with your plug in on my old site so I really am trying to get to the bottom of this. Any other tutorials is highly appreciated. The jet pack folk are also trying to help
    thanks!
    Kim

5. 7 years, 8 months ago Andrew Misplon
    Hi, I Work Here

Thanks for your feedback. Sounds like you’re making progress. Let us know how it turns out :)

Replies on this thread are closed. Please create a new thread if you have a question, or purchase a SiteOrigin Premium license if you need one-on-one email support.

Get The Most Out of SiteOrigin with SiteOrigin Premium

Find Out More