Home>Support>text editor does not work after update

text editor does not work after update

After recent updates, there seems to be a bug involving the editor. After switching from Visual to Text a double set of tabs show and the textarea under the “Text” tab is styled white.

Running:
SiteOrigin Widgets Bundle Version 1.9.6
Page Builder by SiteOrigin Version 2.5.9
WordPress 4.8.1.

Do you know more about it?

Thanks,

Sophie

This is our free support forum. Replies can take several days. If you need fast email support, please purchase a SiteOrigin Premium license.

1. 7 years, 2 months ago Sophie Brunner

I just saw that you did an update. I am running Page Builder by SiteOrigin Version 2.5.10 now. However, after deactivating and waiting I still got the same issue…

2. 7 years, 1 month ago Alex S
    Hi, I Work Here

Hi Sophie,

Are you using the latest version of the SiteOrigin Widgets Bundle 1.9.6? If not, please try updating and if that doesn’t help, please try clearing your browser cache.

3. 7 years, 1 month ago Sophie Brunner

Hi Alex, thank you for your reply. I am running SiteOrigin Widgets Bundle 1.9.7 now. I also cleared my browser cache and reconnected the cookies. However, I still get the same problem!! I still get a double set of tabs. I hope you can solve it.

Regards, Sophie

4. 7 years, 1 month ago Sophie Brunner

I also deactivated SiteOrigin Widget Bundle and reactivated. I did not delete the whole plugin as I am not quite sure if I will loose every layout I did through SiteOrigin Widget Bundle…

5. 7 years, 1 month ago Sophie Brunner

Furthermore, I tried the plugin on another computer where I have never worked on before and of course never loaded my homepage and I got the same problem. So I suppose it cannot be a cache problem even though I have delete the cache how you told me… Shall I pass you through my login information?

6. 7 years, 1 month ago Sophie Brunner

Sorry for coming back to you again! :) But I have just realized that I have not told you where exactly the double tabs appears! The double tabs only appears when I go to Appearance – Customize – Widget – Footer Area – SiteOrigin Editor. Maybe that helps you further.

7. 7 years, 1 month ago Alex S
    Hi, I Work Here

Hi Sophie,

This sounds like it could be a plugin conflict issue. Can you try disabling all non-SiteOrigin plugins and see if this fixes the issue? You’ll need to clear all your caches after disabling your plugins.

If it does fix the issue, then try re-enabling your plugins one by one until the issue comes back. This procedure will help diagnose which plugin is causing the issue.

Once we know that, we’ll be able to look at what might be causing the conflict and either solve the problem or help you find an alternative plugin.

If you aren’t using a SiteOrigin theme, then you can also try temporarily switching to one of the default WordPress themes to see if the issue is theme related.

8. 7 years, 1 month ago Sophie Brunner

Hi Alex,

thank you for your fast reply. After deactivating all plugins and reactivating them it is the well known Plugin Jetpack by WordPress.com which causes this problem! I suppose that most of the users are using this plugin so is it possible to fix this issue with Jetpack?

Sunny regards from Switzerland,
    Sophie

9. 7 years, 1 month ago Alex S
    Hi, I Work Here

Hi Sophie,

I suspect you’re having issues with the new Jetpack Contact Form UI. Can you please install this plugin to see if that helps? You can install it by navigating to WP AdminPluginsAdd New and click Upload Plugin. Then upload/activate this file.

If this fixes the issue we’ll add something in an update to automatically do this and then we’ll remove it once Jetpack improves compatibility with the new UI.

10. 7 years, 1 month ago Sophie Brunner

Hi Alex,

due to your suggested plugin it works perfectly now. Can I delete this plugin as soon as you have send an updated version?

Thank you so much and kindest regards,
    Sophie

11. 7 years, 1 month ago Alex S
    Hi, I Work Here

Hi Sophie,

Yes. That plugin won’t be required as soon as the next SiteOrigin Widgets Bundle update is released. Once this Jetpack Contact Form UI s stable we’ll release an update from SiteOrigin SiteOrigin Widgets Bundle to allow for it to work.

12. 7 years, 1 month ago Sophie Brunner

Great, thank you so much for your assistance! Regards, Sophie

Replies on this thread are closed. Please create a new thread if you have a question, or purchase a SiteOrigin Premium license if you need one-on-one email support.

Get The Most Out of SiteOrigin with SiteOrigin Premium

Find Out More