Home>Support>Table is not responsible.

Table is not responsible.

I am a premium user. I have problems with a table which does not resize on iPhone 6. The site you can check is http://www.jh-waterway.com, which has a table created from The tinyMCE editor. Submenu is “Benefits”. Since table edge line was not displayed, I used the vantage child to draw the cell box line. It did not work without the child theme either.

Could you suggest any other ways or plugin to create the table which can be response?
I use a lot of tables.

Thanks,
Brian

URL: http://jh-waterway.com

This is our free support forum. Replies can take several days. If you need fast email support, please purchase a SiteOrigin Premium license.

1. 9 years, 5 months ago Private Message - Brian Chung

This is a private message.

2. 9 years, 5 months ago Private Message - Brian Chung

This is a private message.

3. 9 years, 5 months ago Magus
    Hi, I Work Here

Hi Brian

The problem is that the text contained in the table is dictating how small the table will get. You COULD change this behaviour and force the page to break the words down when the table gets smaller. To do this navigate to Appearance->Custom CSS and enter the following in the Custom CSS editor.

.entry-content table {
      word-wrap: break-all; 
    }

You will have to decide if this way works for you. The other option would be to change the font size when the screen size gets below a certain width. We can try that if this way is not viable

Let us know how you get on

Magus

4. 9 years, 5 months ago Brian Chung

Hi Andrew,

Thank you for your reply.

As you suggested I put your codes into the custom CSS, which didn’t work either. I also removed all cell characteristics. That didn’t help me either. Here I am sending you the all HTML codes I am using. Please take a look at them below and advise me what to do. What I really want to do is to reduce an entire table size as the screen size is reducing to the small phone. I tried to use the font-size, which didn’t work. Maybe I doing something wrong. Please help me.

Here are the code for the table creation:

Item
    Status
    SB Installation cost
    Replacement cost
    Saving

Waterworks
    Length of piping
    About 720 km
    About USD2.9 Mil.
    About USD1444 Mil.
    Save about 98%

Building
    Apartment
    About 50K household
    About USD7.5 Mil.
    About USD175 Mil.
    Save about 96%

House
    About 50K household
    Within the effective distance of waterworks
    About USD70 Mil.
    Save 100%

Thanks for your helps.
    Brian

5. 9 years, 5 months ago Brian Chung

Hi Andrew,

The code I sent you didn’t transfer correctly over the reply. The table is simple 4 raw X5 column table. You can go to the website “http://www.jh-waterway.com/benefits/” and take a look at the table. When I tried at my iphone6, it displayed the table partially. Please advise…..

Thanks,
    Brian

6. 9 years, 5 months ago Andrew Misplon
    Hi, I Work Here

Hi Brian

Thanks for the feedback. I’m going to close our thread here:

Thread: Table is not responsible.

For anyone reading, I initially responded at the above link.

Please try changing the CSS Magus sent through, change it to:

.entry-content table {
      word-break: break-all;
    }

We might need to add a few browser prefixes but in Chrome that seems to work for me.

Replies on this thread are closed. Please create a new thread if you have a question, or purchase a SiteOrigin Premium license if you need one-on-one email support.

Get The Most Out of SiteOrigin with SiteOrigin Premium

Find Out More