Home>Support>Sticky Menu not working on Mobile (Vantage 2.4.2)

Sticky Menu not working on Mobile (Vantage 2.4.2)

Hi,

I have sticky menu enabled, it works on the desktop site. I have Theme Settings–>Mobile Navigation Enabled.
Currently, the sticky menu is ignored on mobile.

I also have the logo in the header, which i understand may be relevant. Additionally I am using a child theme that was actually supplied by you guys, but it messed around with the header. Here is a link to the support thread where you provided it: https://siteorigin.com/thread/social-in-navbar/

Any advice on getting the sticky menu back functioning on mobile would be appreciated. Thanks!

URL: http://help.colesoft.com/new/

This is our free support forum. Replies can take several days. If you need fast email support, please purchase a SiteOrigin Premium license.

1. 9 years, 5 months ago Andrew Misplon
    Hi, I Work Here

Hi Calin

Please navigate to Appearance > Editor and edit the parts/masthead-logo-in-menu.php file. Locate the line starting with

https://gist.github.com/Misplon/ca8495274e187e14f9d2

I’m having trouble pasting an open header tag in the forum so please grab the snippet from the GitHub link above.

Thanks

2. 9 years, 5 months ago calin

Andrew,

Good morning, I went in and edited the masthead-logo-in-menu.php file and replaced

with

However that did not seem to affect anything. There were some formatting issues with your forums post though, so I may have misunderstood something. If the forums wont let you show what you need you may email me directly at ccole at colesoft dot com

Thanks again.

3. 9 years, 5 months ago calin

well, now I am having formatting issues, lets try that again:
    I went in and edited the masthead-logo-in-menu.php file and replaced

header id=”masthead” class=”site-header masthead-logo-in-menu” role=”banner”

with

header id=”masthead” class=”site-header masthead-logo-in-menu mobile-navigation” role=”banner”

However that did not seem to affect anything. There were some formatting issues with your forums post though, so I may have misunderstood something. If the forums wont let you show what you need you may email me directly at ccole at colesoft dot com

4. 9 years, 5 months ago Andrew Misplon
    Hi, I Work Here

That was what I wanted to try, thanks. Please could you temporarily switch back to Vantage parent and let me know if the problem resolves. Just as a test. Apologies for the hassle.

5. 9 years, 5 months ago calin

Andrew,

It is definitely something in the child theme then. I switched to the Vantage Parent theme and sticky menu is back working on mobile.

Switched back to the child theme and it stops working again.

6. 9 years, 5 months ago Andrew Misplon
    Hi, I Work Here

Thanks for testing for us. I’ll dive into the child theme again in a bit and figure out what’s changed. Chat a little later.

7. 9 years, 5 months ago calin

Thanks Andrew,

In case it helps: This was working for me just fine until like, last week I guess. I didn’t notice it right away so I can’t exactly pinpoint it, but I am pretty sure that the sticky menu functionality broke when I updated to 2.4.2. So, probably some collision between the child theme and a change in 2.4.2

8. 9 years, 5 months ago Andrew Misplon
    Hi, I Work Here

Sorry, posted on the wrong thread.

Let’s try something different. Do you perhaps have FTP access? If so, remove masthead-logo-in-menu.php from the parts folder in your child theme and then insert a new file into the parts folder called menu.php. This file can be downloaded from the below link. There is a download button in the right column.

https://gist.github.com/Misplon/c53840baced5e982cb4d

9. 9 years, 5 months ago calin

Andrew, I have updated as you asked and as far as I can tell it is now working correctly.

Thanks so much for your help. We are getting ready to launch this in the next week and I am your support has been excellent and extremely helpful.

Thanks again.

-Calin

10. 9 years, 5 months ago Andrew Misplon
    Hi, I Work Here

Awesome, glad to hear that helped. We try not to make changes that negatively impact child themes. Unfortunately there are times, where for the greater good, it’s necessary. In this light, give your site a quick once over after running a theme update.

Thanks for working this problem with me. Let us know if anything else comes up.

Cheers for now.

Replies on this thread are closed. Please create a new thread if you have a question, or purchase a SiteOrigin Premium license if you need one-on-one email support.

Get The Most Out of SiteOrigin with SiteOrigin Premium

Find Out More