Home>Support>Social Media Buttons

Social Media Buttons

I’ve done a search and only found one support thread that relates to the email icon, with the response that you can’t change the hover info unless you purchase a premium addon. When you hover on the icon it says “[name of website] on Envelope” instead of “[name of website] on Email”. I can’t understand why you’d have to purchase a premium addon to correct what is is mistake in the widget. This is the EMAIL network, not the ENVELOPE network. Any way to change this?

This is our free support forum. Replies can take several days. If you need fast email support, please purchase a SiteOrigin Premium license.

1. 6 years, 2 months ago Alex S
    Hi, I Work Here

Hi Rmniemela,

Can you please link me to the thread you found?

There’s no way to alter the title text for the standard network icons (the text that appears on hover) directly regardless of using Premium or not, but there is a way to alter the title text in Premium for custom icons. So, yes, in theory, you could do this using Premium. This was likely intended as a temporary workaround rather than a complete solution.

2. 6 years, 2 months ago rmniemela

Thread: Issue with social media buttons Widget

The issue is that the hover word Envelope shouldn’t be there in the first place. It’s the email network, not the envelope network. That needs to be corrected.

3. 6 years, 2 months ago Alex S
    Hi, I Work Here

Hi Rmniemela,

Thanks. The linked thread is suggesting SiteOrigin Premium as a temporary solution rather than a requirement.
    Andrew logged this as an issue (it’s not intentional) with the development and it will be fixed.

4. 6 years, 2 months ago Alex S
    Hi, I Work Here

Hi Rmniemela,

The development team was working on fixing this issue and noticed an oversight on my part. It’s actually possible to set custom title text without SiteOrigin Premium. This is possible by adding your desired text to the Icon Tittle field. This filed will replace the default “hover text” (the one with the issue) with the text you input.

5. 6 years, 2 months ago rmniemela

Ok thanks. That works for now. Thanks for flagging this as a needed fix.

Replies on this thread are closed. Please create a new thread if you have a question, or purchase a SiteOrigin Premium license if you need one-on-one email support.

Get The Most Out of SiteOrigin with SiteOrigin Premium

Find Out More