Home>Support>Siteorigin Widgets Bundle causes 404 errors on files after moving the site

Siteorigin Widgets Bundle causes 404 errors on files after moving the site

Hi!

I moved my site to a different folder in the same server, and nearly everything is working fine after the move.
The only thing that is not working seems to be the SO Widgets Bundle. When I load any of the pages that uses one or more widgets from the SO Widgets Bundle the browser tries to find files in the wp-content/uploads/siteorigin-widgets -folder, but that folder is empty, so it can’t fetch the files. (fx. HTTP404:(XHR): GET –xxx/wp-content/uploads/siteorigin-widgets/sow-slider-default-abf3e628296a.css?ver=4.6). This seems to cause problems with especially the hero-slider widget, which seems to lose all the styles that were applied to it. I’ve tried disabling and re-installing all plugins, creating new page with just the hero widget, deleting the empty folder and so on, but nothing seems to fix the problem. The interesting thing is that when I preview any changes made to the sites with the widgets, they are styled perfectly as they should be, but when I update the changes made, the widgets break again.

So shortly: I have SO Widgets Bundle’s widgets on the site, browser tries to fetch files from wp-content/uploads/siteorigin-widgets -folder, which is totally empty and this is causing problems.
Thank you for all the help in advance!

This is our free support forum. Replies can take several days. If you need fast email support, please purchase a SiteOrigin Premium license.

1. 8 years, 14 days ago tuomastt

Hi!
    Any chance I could get someone to look at this? :)

2. 8 years, 12 days ago Alex S
    Hi, I Work Here

Hi Tuomastt,

This sounds like a permission issue. Can you please check the permissions of /wp-content/uploads/siteorigin-widgets? You’ll need to use FTP to check the permissions.

The directory should be 755.

3. 8 years, 11 days ago tuomastt

Hi Alex and thank you for your reply!

I deleted the folder before as in some other thread that had helped another person, so I created it again with the file permission rwxr-xr-x, which I think is 755. Tried it again, but it was still the same. There was also an update to the widgets bundle, I installed that, but the same files kept missing, I uninstalled and installed it again, but the uploads/siteorigin-widgets folder is still empty :(

4. 8 years, 10 days ago Alex S
    Hi, I Work Here

Hi Tuomastt,

Yes – rwxr-xr-x is 755.

To clarify, once you made the permission change did you try resaving the widgets? That should force the files to be generated.

If you did (and it didn’t help), would it be possible for you to create a temporary admin account for us so we can log in and take a look?

5. 8 years, 10 days ago Private Message - Alex S Hi, I Work Here

This is a private message.

6. 8 years, 10 days ago tuomastt

I’m not completely sure what you mean with resaving the widgets. I resaved the page that had widgets in it, and reinstalled the widgets bundle both after the permission change. And unfortunately it did not help this time. I will make you a temporary admin account next, I hope that will help finding out what is the problem, I hope it’s not any silly mistake by me :)

7. 8 years, 10 days ago Private Message - WordPress

8. 8 years, 10 days ago Alex S
    Hi, I Work Here

Hi Tuomastt,

Thanks – that’s what I wanted to know you’ve tried.

You have server side authentication separate to WordPress – could you provide me with login details to that?

9. 8 years, 10 days ago Private Message - tuomastt

10. 8 years, 9 days ago Private Message - Alex S Hi, I Work Here

11. 8 years, 9 days ago Private Message - tuomastt

12. 8 years, 9 days ago Alex S
    Hi, I Work Here

Hi Tuomastt,

Thank you for that. So I’ve run a few more tests. Could you check the permissions of the upload directory itself? I can’t seem to upload an image file directly to the media library – WP Admin > Media > Add New.

13. 8 years, 9 days ago tuomastt

Hi Alex!

I tried uploading a file to the media library too, and it didn’t work, so I went and checked the permissions of the upload directory. They were correctly set, so I tried searching a little more for what could be the reason.

And then I found it. In the media settings, the media upload folder was still set to the old folder, even though I had moved the site as had been instructed. When I manually changed that setting, everything started working correctly. So the problem was not with the Siteorigin Widgets Bundle, but on WordPress itself. The widgets missing was the only clear sign to me that something was wrong, so I thought it had to have something to do with the Widgets Bundle, and that’s why I asked you about this. But clearly it wasn’t the real reason, but WordPress not changing that setting automatically was the problem.

Thank you so much for the help! I’m sorry to have bothered you with this which was not your products problem!

14. 8 years, 9 days ago Alex S
    Hi, I Work Here

Hi Tuomastt,

Don’t worry about it mate – I’m just happy that this is resolved. :)

Replies on this thread are closed. Please create a new thread if you have a question, or purchase a SiteOrigin Premium license if you need one-on-one email support.

Get The Most Out of SiteOrigin with SiteOrigin Premium

Find Out More