Home>Support>Siteorigin widgets bundle

Siteorigin widgets bundle

I am at a total loss.

I have been using the visual text editor to place content on a page. It has worked well.

However, I now discover a number of problems.

Take this page: https://lighthouseformations.com/uae

There is content on that page, but I can no-longer see it when I call up the page.

The WYSIWYG editor ribbon has also disappeared.

I have been through the process of switching off plugins.

If I disable the Pagebuilder by Siteorigin plugin, my text appears but my page layout is messed up.

Is there any way out of this nightmare?

This is our free support forum. Replies can take several days. If you need fast email support, please purchase a SiteOrigin Premium license.

1. 8 years, 2 months ago Andrew Misplon
    Hi, I Work Here

Hi LighthouseFormations

Sorry we weren’t able to reply sooner. Have you made in progress since posting? Not being able to edit via Page Builder is usually as the result of a plugin conflict or perhaps PHP memory limitation. We’d need to know more about how the page looked when you couldn’t edit via Page Builder to determine which one of those it might be.

2. 8 years, 1 month ago LighthouseFormations

Hi, not a problem. I needed to do some self-help on this issue before I felt justified in taking up more of your time.

OK, here goes. Despite upgrading WordPress and the plugin, and disabling practically every plugin on our site, I cannot make the MS Word-style formatting bar appear.

I note that when I first call up a page to edit it, I have a plug icon that appears in the top right of the editing window. If I click on this icon, a hash symbol appears in the URL bar. I don’t know if this is significant or not.

Oddly enough, my Yoast SEO plugin no-longer appears to work and my SEO snippets are not the ones I have entered.

As part of my trial and error on this, I also checked to see if I had more than one plugin directory. Unfortunately, I do not. The Siteorigin bundle appears to be installed correctly.

The only formatting bar that appears is the one that I am looking at as I type this – the one that lets me enter html-style codes, starting with ‘bold’ and followed by ‘italic’ and ‘link’.

My webhost is astonishingly helpful, so I assume I should also follow up the php error with them?

Thanks

• 8 years, 1 month ago LighthouseFormations

UPDATE

I should add that the nature of the problem has changed. Although I no-longer have the ‘disappearing posts’ problem, I do have the issue that I describe above – the disappearing formatting bar.

One other question occurs to me: if I uninstall and reinstall the Siteorigin plugin and widgets, will this basically mess up my web pages?

3. 8 years, 1 month ago Andrew Misplon
    Hi, I Work Here

One other question occurs to me: if I uninstall and reinstall the Siteorigin plugin and widgets, will this basically mess up my web pages?

No, this is basically what happens when you update a plugin, all files are replaced. Everything in the database remains. You’re welcome to try reinstalling.

With regards to the first issue, can you confirm that at Users > your username you haven’t disabled the visual editor?

Disable the visual editor when writing

4. 8 years, 1 month ago LighthouseFormations

With regards to the first issue, can you confirm that at Users > your username you haven’t disabled the visual editor?

Thank you! This has fixed the issue.

I originally designed the website as ‘admin’. I then deleted that user for security reasons. I suspect that the default was ‘disabled’ for the new user/admin.

Thank you once again.

5. 8 years, 1 month ago Andrew Misplon
    Hi, I Work Here

Glad that helped :)

Replies on this thread are closed. Please create a new thread if you have a question, or purchase a SiteOrigin Premium license if you need one-on-one email support.

Get The Most Out of SiteOrigin with SiteOrigin Premium

Find Out More