Home>Support>SiteOrigin Widgets Bundle 1.14.1 Incompatible with PHP 7.2

SiteOrigin Widgets Bundle 1.14.1 Incompatible with PHP 7.2

Hi,

I have a website hosted by Flywheel. When they ran a site compatibility scan for PHP 7.2, I received an “INCOMPATIBLE” warning message for SiteOrigin Widgets Bundle version 1.14.1 (see below). I have updated to the latest version, so I am unsure if this is a false positive. Can someone review this message and let me know if it will be compatible with PHP 7.2? Thanks.

Filename: wp-content/plugins/so-widgets-bundle/base/inc/lib/Less/Parser.php
Warning
92 | WARNING | INI directive ‘mbstring.func_overload’ is deprecated since PHP 7.2 93 | WARNING | INI directive ‘mbstring.internal_encoding’ is deprecated since PHP 5.6 94 | WARNING | INI directive ‘mbstring.internal_encoding’ is deprecated since PHP 5.6 229 | WARNING | INI directive ‘mbstring.internal_encoding’ is deprecated since PHP 5.6 Filename: wp-content/plugins/so-widgets-bundle/base/inc/lib/Less/Exception/Parser.php
Warning
103 | WARNING | INI directive ‘mbstring.func_overload’ is deprecated since PHP 7.2

This is our free support forum. Replies can take several days. If you need fast email support, please purchase a SiteOrigin Premium license.

1. 5 years, 8 months ago Alex S
    Hi, I Work Here

Hi Liberty,

We’ve looked into the highlighted issues in the past. These warnings are coming up due to how PHP 7/7.1/7.2/7.3 Compatability Checkers check for compatibility. It’s basically missing the context and the context prevents the issue from occurring and flagging it incorrectly as a result.

In other words, these warnings are false positive and safe to ignore. You’re able to use PHP 7.2 (and 7.3) without issue.

2. 5 years, 8 months ago libertycycles846

Thanks, Alex!

3. 5 years, 8 months ago Alex S
    Hi, I Work Here

Hi Libertycycles846,

Please be sure to post another thread if you have any other questions. :)

Replies on this thread are closed. Please create a new thread if you have a question, or purchase a SiteOrigin Premium license if you need one-on-one email support.

Get The Most Out of SiteOrigin with SiteOrigin Premium

Find Out More