Home>Support>SiteOrigin Video Player

SiteOrigin Video Player

I am trying to use the SO Video Player in Page Builder and when I use Vimeo and columns, the player doesn’t respect the size or dimensions. I have tried to disable oEmbed but that just makes the whole thing not work anymore?

This is our free support forum. Replies can take several days. If you need fast email support, please purchase a SiteOrigin Premium license.

1. 3 years, 1 month ago Andrew Misplon
    Hi, I Work Here

Hi Anrehman

Thanks for reaching out.

Do you have a public URL where we can take a look at what’s going on?

2. 3 years, 1 month ago anrehman

I’ve published a test page – https://secure.reach6.org/test-page/

3. 3 years, 1 month ago Andrew Misplon
    Hi, I Work Here

Thanks for the test page. If you have a moment, could you perhaps send an export of the page so I can test locally? From within Page Builder you can go to LayoutsImport/ExportDownload Layout. If you can perhaps ZIP the JSON file and upload it to Dropbox/Drive/WeTransfer or similar and send a link, that’ll be great.

4. 3 years, 1 month ago anrehman

Hi Andrew,

Here’s the link

It’s also worth noting that the issue is also that the player isn’t responsive.

5. 3 years, 1 month ago Andrew Misplon
    Hi, I Work Here

Thanks. I can see FitVids being loaded but it isn’t wrapping the video. Do you perhaps want to try enabling the SiteOrigin FitVids option within the SiteOrigin Video Widget?

6. 3 years, 1 month ago anrehman

Hi, I’ve enabled FitVids and disabled oEmbed and still having the same issue.

7. 3 years, 1 month ago Andrew Misplon
    Hi, I Work Here

Thanks. The issue isn’t happening for me locally. If you have a moment to try to find a working baseline, that’ll be helpful. You could start by clearing any caching/optimization plugins and then temporarily deactivating all plugins except Page Builder and the Widgets Bundle. In that state, does the issue persist?

8. 3 years, 1 month ago anrehman

I’m trying to test it on a YouTube video and when using FitVids and YouTube – nothing happens it just plays. For caching/optimisations we’re using autoptimize

9. 3 years, 1 month ago Andrew Misplon
    Hi, I Work Here

If you’re able to find a workaround and are happy with that then that’s a good result. If not, my recommendation is to start with deactivating all plugins except for those authored by SiteOrigin to see if a working baseline can be found. If not, then temporarily switch to a default theme like Twenty Nineteen with all non-SiteOrigin plugins deactivated to see if a working baseline exists in that state.

10. 3 years, 1 month ago anrehman

Ok, I’ve disabled all plugins and Vimeo then re-sizes correctly but YouTube content still doesn’t work with FitVids enabled. I’ve then enabled all plugins one by one and looks like it’s Smush that’s causing the issues with Vimeo?

11. 3 years, 1 month ago Andrew Misplon
    Hi, I Work Here

Thanks for the update. Is Smush Lazy Loading enabled? Perhaps it’s related?

For the YouTube issue, we could try switching to a default theme and disabling all non-SiteOrigin plugins to see if the theme is involved.

12. 3 years, 1 month ago anrehman

Have disabled all plugins and turned on Twenty-TwentyOne YouTube still not working FitVids?

13. 3 years, 1 month ago anrehman

Just to advise,

I’m placing https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rhTl_OyehF8 as URL

and when previewing with oEmbed – it loads; when using FitVids I get a black box with a play button that does nothing when pressed?

14. 3 years, 1 month ago Andrew Misplon
    Hi, I Work Here

I’m not sure why that’s happening. Here is a test with the same link https://demo.siteorigin.com/corp/sandbox/.

Here is that layout if you want to try importing it perhaps.

https://siteorigin.com/wp-content/uploads/2021/08/sandbox.json

15. 3 years, 1 month ago anrehman

Hi,

I’ve done that and it works when both OEmbed and Fitvids is enabled but as soon as I disabled OEmbed it no longer works. Do I need to keep both boxes checked?

16. 3 years, 1 month ago Andrew Misplon
    Hi, I Work Here

Hi, thanks for your feedback.

FitVids is a script that resizes videos according to the container size. Many themes include FitVids. You can make use of the FitVids setting if your theme doesn’t include the script or not at all.

External videos should be able to play using the MediaElements player. We found a bug. It’ll be resolved in the next update. Thanks for reporting.

17. 3 years, 11 days ago anrehman

Hi Andrew,

I’ve disabled FitVids on both the widgets and still zoomed out?

18. 3 years, 11 days ago anrehman

Apologies ignore me, wrong thread!

19. 3 years, 10 days ago Andrew Misplon
    Hi, I Work Here

No worries! Where did we leave this thread? Does it need attention?

Replies on this thread are closed. Please create a new thread if you have a question, or purchase a SiteOrigin Premium license if you need one-on-one email support.

Get The Most Out of SiteOrigin with SiteOrigin Premium

Find Out More