Home>Support>SiteOrigin – Situation with WordPress 5.6

SiteOrigin – Situation with WordPress 5.6

Hi ,

This is a follow up post to wowcreativeswhitby’s earlier post on a similar subject – it seems I can’t reply to that one however if they are still watching the forum, this might contain some information to work aorund the issue :)

I’ve had a similar-ish issue where updaging to WordPress 5.6 kinda broke certain sections of a test site that I’m building. The TL;DR version is that I’ve used WordPress’s “Enable jQuery Migrate Helper” plugin to identify that there were elements of my site theme, as well as the SiteOrigin page builder, that were using deprecated and this likely was causing parts of the site to break under WordPress 5.6.

To wowcreativeswhitby if you see this – YMMV, but I’ve found at least a temporary workaround is to use the same plugin to switch back to the previous version of jQuery while I get this fixed. This may, or may not, work for you though if it does, it should probably only be considered a temporary workaround rather than a permanent fix.

The reason for my post is to try and help me plan out how to make the necessary updates. I did notice shortly after the release of 5.6, SiteOrigin did release an update to both the Page Builder and the SiteOrigin Widgets Bundle. It appears though the plugin is still getting flagged by the jQuery Migration Plugin as containing deprecated functions, so I suspect this still might be a work in progress. I just want to confirm that this is the case before proceeding, as the theme author seem to be a bit slower in responding so I may need to engage with a developer to help sort the theme out. I’d much rather do that knowing that SiteOrigin should be fixed and that the only issues I need to sort are with the theme.

This is our free support forum. Replies can take several days. If you need fast email support, please purchase a SiteOrigin Premium license.

1. 3 years, 9 months ago Andrew Misplon
    Hi, I Work Here

Hi, thanks for reaching out. Please, let us know the deprecations that jQuery Migrate Helper is flagging for SiteOrigin products and we’ll take a look.

2. 3 years, 9 months ago dogwomble

Hi there,

This was captured before the udpate came out so many of them could now be fixed. Just wanted to make sure beofre getting the theme done ;)

This is a copy and paste from the jQuery logs.

http://users.on.net/~dogwomble/jquery.pdfhttp://users.on.net/~dogwomble/jquery.pdf

3. 3 years, 9 months ago dogwomble

I think we ccan ignore the FLipMAg ones for now :) Those are going to be related to the theme.

4. 3 years, 9 months ago Andrew Misplon
    Hi, I Work Here

Thanks for the update. I’m sure updates will resolve many issues quite soon. I don’t seem to be able to access the document. Could you perhaps check that it’s publicly accessible?

5. 3 years, 9 months ago dogwomble

Just realised there was a pastefail with the URL
    http://users.on.net/~dogwomble/jquery.pdf

6. 3 years, 9 months ago Andrew Misplon
    Hi, I Work Here

Thanks.

The warnings generated for the Widgets Bundle look like they were created before we released the 1.17.11 update.

7. 3 years, 9 months ago dogwomble

Excellent :) Glad to hear they’re updated. Means I can more easily move to focusing on the theme ;)

8. 3 years, 9 months ago Andrew Misplon
    Hi, I Work Here

All the best with your site. If warnings appear moving forward for SiteOrigin plugins, please, let us know.

Replies on this thread are closed. Please create a new thread if you have a question, or purchase a SiteOrigin Premium license if you need one-on-one email support.

Get The Most Out of SiteOrigin with SiteOrigin Premium

Find Out More