Home>Support>SiteOrigin Pages difficult to save with WordPress 4.8.1 Maintenance Release

SiteOrigin Pages difficult to save with WordPress 4.8.1 Maintenance Release

The only thing that changed on my site was the upgrade to the latest WordPress 4.8.1 Maintenance Release.

Aout half my pages use pagebuilder. These pages have a hard time updating. They seem to do it after about 10 tries of going out and redoing the changes and trying to save again — eventually, they save. The pages using visual composer save normally. Deleting the cache in WP Super Cache has no impact. My provider tested everything on there end all every thing is good.

Also, the spell/grammar checker in Jetpack no longer work with the site origin editor. I’ve disabled it, thinking it may be conflicting. No impact.

I prefer using pagebuilder (found it after building half my site with Visual Composer). Any thoughts on what may be causing the conflict? Thanks Kim

This is our free support forum. Replies can take several days. If you need fast email support, please purchase a SiteOrigin Premium license.

1. 7 years, 1 month ago Kim Allen

My site is https://allenvisioninc.com

2. 7 years, 1 month ago Kim Allen

A new update to WordPress Highend theme Version: 3.4 came in today. After installing it the pages with Page Builder are now able to save as normal. However, I had to keep the Jetpack plugin’s spell/grammar turned off – it seems to be causing the conflict. There seems to be an issue with SiteOrigin and Jetpack that you may wish to investigate. My workaround is OK for me.

3. 7 years, 1 month ago Alex S
    Hi, I Work Here

Hi Kim,

I’m glad the theme update was able to resolve the issues with the other issues.

Regarding the spell check. I’m personally not familiar with that functionality so I can’t comment on its compatibility, but thanks for letting us know about this. I’ve logged this as a potential bug in our issue tracker. We’ll investigate this as soon as possible and try come up with a fix.

Replies on this thread are closed. Please create a new thread if you have a question, or purchase a SiteOrigin Premium license if you need one-on-one email support.

Get The Most Out of SiteOrigin with SiteOrigin Premium

Find Out More