Home>Support>SiteOrigin Hero Widget

SiteOrigin Hero Widget

Hi there.

I need your help. I am trying to build my front page of my website, & I roughly got the layout I am after, I am now loading in the content.

However, on a test run I noticed that the HERO widget isn’t responsive so on an iPad or iPhone the outcome is poor. What can I use that is responsive?

All I want to have is an IMAGE with an overlay of TEXT & a BUTTON to drive my customers directly to the SHOP.

Any suggestions?

Thanks

This is our free support forum. Replies can take several days. If you need fast email support, please purchase a SiteOrigin Premium license.

1. 7 years, 4 months ago Alex S
    Hi, I Work Here

Hi David Sleight

Do you have a public URL where we can take a look at your hero widget? This will allow me to work out why it’s not responsive. Typically, when the hero widget isn’t responsive it’s due to the padding specified or a very high height specified.

2. 7 years, 4 months ago David Sleight

Hi Alex,

I have removed the Hero widget & used SiteOrigin Image at the moment, but what is the recommended padding and heights for it to be responsive?

URL is http://www.thewagtailway.co.uk

3. 7 years, 4 months ago Alex S
    Hi, I Work Here

Hi David,

Basically, none – a blank height field will cause us to automatically work out the optimal height.
    Any static spacing added to the hero widget will affect the hero widget responsively as CSS background images must maintain the height (which is a combination of the height and padding of the container, which is the hero, in this case, its applied too) and the browser will go so far as to clip the sides of the image to ensure this is the case.

Replies on this thread are closed. Please create a new thread if you have a question, or purchase a SiteOrigin Premium license if you need one-on-one email support.

Get The Most Out of SiteOrigin with SiteOrigin Premium

Find Out More